This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Oct 23, 2012 10:57 PM by BillyVerreynne RSS

Why did bug 7196747 disappear?

970241 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
I submitted bug 7196747 last month and it looked like it was approved because it showed up on the website with a status of dispatched. I've been checking it frequently for updates and yesterday it disappeared. I couldn't find anything in the faq about what it means when a bug disappears. It is preventing us from upgrading to any version of java past 1.6.0_33, so it is a very high issue for us.
  • 1. Re: Why did bug 7196747 disappear?
    Srini Chavali-Oracle Oracle ACE Director
    Are you referring to a Bug Number in My Oracle Support ? If so, you need to ask in MOS - the forums and MOS are independent entities and are not related

HTH
    Srini
  • 2. Re: Why did bug 7196747 disappear?
    970241 Newbie
    I am talking about http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=7196747 It was my first time submitting a bug on there for Java, so I wasn't sure how to find out why it is gone.
  • 3. Re: Why did bug 7196747 disappear?
    BillyVerreynne Oracle ACE
    Some bugs are classified private and not public. E.g. a bug that could subvert security for a 0 day exploit should not be visible to any and all. Or maybe the bug is just too embarrassing to be made public. ;-)

Whatever the case - I would expect one to report critical bugs affecting one's production systems with Oracle Support. As an official communication medium is needed for management of the problem, escalation of the problem, and so on.

How that works for Java problems and bugs, I do not know.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points