0 Replies Latest reply on Oct 23, 2012 8:26 PM by 970265

parsing qstat -xml through jaxb and xsd

Hi,
      at the Lyon Computing center (ccin2p3.fr) we use Grid Engine (SGE 6.2u6_17) as batch system. To interface it with our data processing pipeline, I have been looking into unmarshaling the xml using JAXB and the provided xsd file. The xsd I used to generate the JAXB classes was supplied in the distribution. However, when trying to unmarshal the file, I get a number of errors. One seemingly being associated with the fact that <job_info> appears once as root-element and once as element node inside that root-element. Not running any jobs returns the following xml:

<?xml version='1.0'?>
      <job_info xmlns:xsd="http://gridengine.sunsource.net/source/browse/*checkout*/gridengine/source/dist/util/resources/schemas/qstat/qstat.xsd?revision=1.11">
      <queue_info>
      </queue_info>
      <job_info>
      </job_info>
      </job_info>

Can anyone provide some hints as to what to do in order to process the output of qstat -xml (-ext)?

Thanks a lot in advance,

In addition, below the code I used for the unmarshaling
      package testapp;
      import java.io.File;
      import javax.xml.bind.JAXBContext;
      import javax.xml.bind.JAXBElement;
      import javax.xml.bind.JAXBException;
      import javax.xml.bind.Unmarshaller;

public class TestApp {

public static void main (String [] args) {
      try {
      JAXBContext jc = JAXBContext.newInstance ("grid.xml.qstat");

Unmarshaller u = jc.createUnmarshaller ();

File f = new File ("qstat.xml");
      JAXBElement element = (JAXBElement) u.unmarshal (f);

} catch (JAXBException e) {
      e.printStackTrace ();
      }
      }
      }

which then throws:
      javax.xml.bind.UnmarshalException: unexpected element (uri:"", local:"job_info"). Expected elements are <{http://gridengine.sunsource.net/source/browse/*checkout*/gridengine/source/dist/util/resources/schemas/qstat/qstat.xsd?revision=1.11}job_info>

Edited by: 967262 on Oct 23, 2012 1:24 PM