This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Oct 30, 2012 12:21 AM by HakanBiroglu RSS

Can Oracle fusion HCM install with peoplesoft HCM?

961245 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi All,

Can Oracle fusion HCM install with peoplesoft HCM? Will it cause any problem ?
  • 1. Re: Can Oracle fusion HCM install with peoplesoft HCM?
    HakanBiroglu Oracle ACE
    Can Oracle fusion HCM install with peoplesoft HCM? Will it cause any problem ?
    What you mean?
    These are two separate applications, with there own components and infrastructure.
    Oracle does provide out of the box integration between PeopleSoft and Fusion Applications where they coexist. In that case you use some components of Fusion Applications beside PeopleSoft, where both applications are connected to share the same data.
    For example, have a look at following presentation:
    http://www.myexpospace.com/oracle2012/smupload/scloader.cfm?SCID=4a7a7c3c-7099-4870-97e4-b5c53da50944
  • 2. Re: Can Oracle fusion HCM install with peoplesoft HCM?
    961245 Newbie
    Meaning that can I have both Peoplesoft HCM and Oracle Fusion HCM in one desktop?
  • 3. Re: Can Oracle fusion HCM install with peoplesoft HCM?
    HakanBiroglu Oracle ACE
    If you mean running it as an end user, yes it is possible.

If you mean running the installation on a 'desktop', then the answer is a BIG NO.

I tried installing Fusion Applications and I have discovered that Fusion Apps infrastructure run on several servers (about 12). Oracle does not give sizing on Fusion Applications, this depends on what you wish to use, but let me tell you, that you need a minimum of 80 GB RAM! So if you wish to run this on a 'desktop', I hope this is a extreme high performance 'desktop'. That is why Oracle is delivering Fusion Applications as SaaS, PaaS, IaaS running on their Exadata machines.

Regards,

Hakan Biroglu

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points