5 Replies Latest reply: Feb 6, 2013 1:49 AM by SUHELFIRDUS RSS

BEA-101165 : application fails to start

SUHELFIRDUS
      Hi,

My application starts in one weblogic server, but when we placed the same ear file in pre-production, the application fails to start, giving the following error.

com.planetj.servlet.filter.compression.CompressingFilter.
      java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.planetj.servlet.filter.compression.CompressingFilter
           at weblogic.utils.classloaders.GenericClassLoader.findLocalClass(GenericClassLoader.java:296)
           at weblogic.utils.classloaders.GenericClassLoader.findClass(GenericClassLoader.java:269)
           at weblogic.utils.classloaders.ChangeAwareClassLoader.findClass(ChangeAwareClassLoader.java:55)
           at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:303)
           at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:248)
           Truncated. see log file for complete stacktrace
      >

We had introduced a new filter in our web.xml and kept the new jar file inside the library folder.

BEA-101165> <Could not load user defined filter in web.xml: ServletContext@16034211[app:FCUBS_CADCCD_PROD module:FCJNeoWeb path:/FCJNeoWeb spec-version:null] com.planetj.servlet.filter.compression.CompressingFilter.
      java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.planetj.servlet.filter.compression.CompressingFilter
           at weblogic.utils.classloaders.GenericClassLoader.findLocalClass(GenericClassLoader.java:296)
           at weblogic.utils.classloaders.GenericClassLoader.findClass(GenericClassLoader.java:269)
           at weblogic.utils.classloaders.ChangeAwareClassLoader.findClass(ChangeAwareClassLoader.java:55)
           at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:303)
           at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:248)
           Truncated. see log file for complete stacktrace

Please help me resolving this problem.
        • 1. Re: BEA-101165 : application fails to start
          Ganesh..
          Some basic checks:
          1. The library references are present in your application and the libraries are deployed.
          2. The classes referred by com.planetj.servlet.filter.compression.CompressingFilter are also present in the library.
          • 2. Re: BEA-101165 : application fails to start
            SUHELFIRDUS
            Thanks for the reply:
            My web-xml looks like below:
            -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            <!--Gzip Changes Starts-->
                 <filter>
            <filter-name>CompressingFilter</filter-name>
            <filter-class>com.planetj.servlet.filter.compression.CompressingFilter</filter-class>
            <init-param>
                           <param-name>includeContentTypes</param-name>
                           <param-value>text/html,text/css,application/x-javascript</param-value>
            </init-param>
            <init-param>
                           <param-name>compressionThreshold</param-name>
                           <param-value>256</param-value>
            </init-param>
                 </filter>
                 <!--Gzip Changes Ends-->

------ -- --- ---
            <!--Gzip Changes Starts-->
                 <filter-mapping>
            <filter-name>CompressingFilter</filter-name>
            <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
            </filter-mapping>
                 <!--Gzip Changes Ends-->

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In my deployment i have a \WEB-INF\lib folder where the jar file " pjl-comp-filter-1.7.jar" is present.

1. Do i have to place the same jar in Domain/lib folder as well?
            • 3. Re: BEA-101165 : application fails to start
              Ganesh..
              Does CompressingFilter uses classes which are not present in /WEB-INF/lib? The application should get deployed if all the libraries it needs are already loaded. Putting the jar in domain/lib should resolve your problem.
              • 4. Re: BEA-101165 : application fails to start
                Kalyan Pasupuleti-Oracle
                Hi,

Try to add the following library with in the Domain / lib folder and try to restart the server again it will solve your problem.

Regards,
                Kal
                • 5. Re: BEA-101165 : application fails to start
                  SUHELFIRDUS
                  Hi, This issue is solved. The web xml file was wrong.
                  Again, copied the jar in the lib folder to re-assure.