This discussion is archived
1 Reply Latest reply: Dec 14, 2012 12:10 AM by Christian.Shay - Oracle RSS

How to Install ODTwithODAC112030 by Command Line

970517 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hello,

I did a few searches and browsed through the forums and did not find an answer. Currently I install ODT with ODAC by the GUI and select all Oracle Components. This is by using the setup.exe that came in ODTwithODAC112030.zip. To allow an automated install on user computers I need to be able to complete the same installation of all components from the command line.

One of my team members was able to get ODAC to install by command line but when I open up Visual Studio on that computer the ODT pieces are not in place, as evident by the additional Oracle database option missing from Server Explorer and in the Help-->About dialog in Visual Studio ODT does not show up like it does when I install through the GUI.

Is there a way to be sure to install ODAC AND ODT from the command line so that the Visual Studio bits get installed?

Thank you in advance for any help with this issue, I really appreciate it.

Shad Butler
  • 1. Re: How to Install ODTwithODAC112030 by Command Line
    Christian.Shay - Oracle Pro
    Currently Being Moderated
    shad.butler wrote:
    Hello,

I did a few searches and browsed through the forums and did not find an answer. Currently I install ODT with ODAC by the GUI and select all Oracle Components. This is by using the setup.exe that came in ODTwithODAC112030.zip. To allow an automated install on user computers I need to be able to complete the same installation of all components from the command line.

One of my team members was able to get ODAC to install by command line but when I open up Visual Studio on that computer the ODT pieces are not in place, as evident by the additional Oracle database option missing from Server Explorer and in the Help-->About dialog in Visual Studio ODT does not show up like it does when I install through the GUI.

Is there a way to be sure to install ODAC AND ODT from the command line so that the Visual Studio bits get installed?

Thank you in advance for any help with this issue, I really appreciate it.

Shad Butler
    Sorry this response is so late, but have you attempted to do a "silent install" (a feature of the Oracle installer - try googling the doc for it)?

I have not tried this, but this functionality is built into the Oracle Installer for cases like yours. Let me know if you have tried this and it did not work.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points