This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: Nov 2, 2012 12:20 PM by 972243 RSS

Eclipse Indigo and Weblogic 10.3.4

970508 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,

I have eclipse indigo with Oracle eclipse enterprise pack installed (I installed using oepe-repository-indigo-12.1.1.1.0.201207241624.zip), and have weblogic 10.3.4 installed on my local Windows XP machine. The weblogic installation is clustered environment installation. When I start the admin server from outside eclipse and try to run server1 within eclipse. For some reason, eclipse thinks my server has already started. What do I need to do? Thanks.
  • 1. Re: Eclipse Indigo and Weblogic 10.3.4
    dvohra21 Oracle ACE
    When I start the admin server from outside eclipse and try to run server1 within eclipse. For some reason, eclipse thinks my server has already started. What do I need to do?

Which server is the runtime target within Eclipse? Is the runtime target the same as the server started externally?
  • 2. Re: Eclipse Indigo and Weblogic 10.3.4
    970508 Newbie
    No it's different. It's different script.

I got the below response from Oracle support, and I'm trying to see where this Servers tab is. I see a servers tab in preference, but I don't think that's what they mean because there's no domain item.. Any idea?

Basically, OEPE connects to weblogic domain through admin server. When you create a new server in OEPE, you only choose domain instead of individual servers, and that server created maps to domain's admin server.

If you want to deploy the application developed in OEPE to managed servers or cluster, you could try the following:

1) browse to Servers tab
    2) right click on the domain
    3) choose 'Properties'
    4) choose 'WebLogic' -> 'Publishing' -> 'Advanced'
    5) move disired target from left to right
  • 3. Re: Eclipse Indigo and Weblogic 10.3.4
    dvohra21 Oracle ACE
    I'm trying to see where this Servers tab is. I see a servers tab in preference, but I don't think that's what they mean because there's no domain item

Select Window>Show View>Servers for the Servers tab.

The external server and the server1 are the same, the Admin Server. To create a different server create and select a new domain.
  • 4. Re: Eclipse Indigo and Weblogic 10.3.4
    972243 Newbie
    Can you try stopping the server from command prompt first and then try starting the server within eclipse?

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points