This discussion is archived
1 2 Previous Next 17 Replies Latest reply: Dec 4, 2012 6:41 AM by Matt J RSS

Another parent window already exist for this section

Carlos Benassi Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi folks, I'm incrementing some workflows (GSM and NPD) in my instance, unfortunately after I created these workflows I'm facing many issues. The most common issue happens when I'm going to a new step, I receive the message: "another parent window already exist for this section".
In other cases I receive messages like that:

Server Error in '/npd' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Exception of type 'Xeno.Web.UI.BusinessObjectUIService.BusinessObjectUIManagerNotFoundException' was thrown.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: Xeno.Web.UI.BusinessObjectUIService.BusinessObjectUIManagerNotFoundException: Exception of type 'Xeno.Web.UI.BusinessObjectUIService.BusinessObjectUIManagerNotFoundException' was thrown.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[BusinessObjectUIManagerNotFoundException: Exception of type 'Xeno.Web.UI.BusinessObjectUIService.BusinessObjectUIManagerNotFoundException' was thrown.]
Xeno.Web.UI.BusinessObjectUIService.BusinessObjectUIService.get_Item(String businessObjectUIMgrId) +190
Xeno.Prodika.NPD.WebUI.Activity.ActivityLinearWorkflowDataSource.setParams(StringSplitter ss) +101
Xeno.Prodika.Common.ClassProtocolHandler.intializeObject(Object obj, StringSplitter splitter, ObjectArgs args) +68
Xeno.Prodika.Common.ClassProtocolHandler.Internal_CreateObject(String name, ObjectArgs args) +310
Xeno.Prodika.Common.ClassProtocolHandler.CreateObject(String name) +11
Xeno.Prodika.Common.ObjectLoader.createObject(String name) +64
Xeno.Web.UI.Common.Popups.LinearWorkflowActionPopup.OnInit(EventArgs e) +64
System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) +333
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +378
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.3053; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.3053

Carlos
  • 1. Re: Another parent window already exist for this section
    Matt J Journeyer
    Hello, Carlos;

can you provide some more details about your use case? steps to reproduce?

also,
    are you using multiple tabs and/or windows in the same IE session?
    Which apps are you getting the, "another parent window already exists..." error? NPD only?
    are you flushing the cache or exporting to a slave environment after you create new workflows?
  • 2. Re: Another parent window already exist for this section
    Carlos Benassi Newbie
    Hi Matt, reading the thread "Connection Pools fill up for NPD", Tray’s thread, I figured out that the problem could be the same, so I changed the value from 8 to 100 and the issue disappeared. Unfortunately I couldn’t find the issue root case, but I could do my POC without any issue.
    The issue happens when I’m “workflowing” an activity in NPD, but I also faced it “workflwing” a specification in GSM also. The issue is correlated to workflows, I guess.
    I’m just using one IE 8.0 windows, exception when a second or third window shows up spontaneously. I flushed the cache.
  • 3. Re: Another parent window already exist for this section
    Trey Explorer
    Hmmm interesting. Carlos, what version of PLM for Process are you running?
  • 4. Re: Another parent window already exist for this section
    Matt J Journeyer
    I believe Carlos is on 6.1.0.1. I have passed his information on to the developer and asked him to watch this forum for additional information.

thank you,

-M
  • 5. Re: Another parent window already exist for this section
    Carlos Benassi Newbie
    The version is 6.1.0.0, fresh install. I didn't apply any patch on that.
    Carlos

Edited by: Carlos Benassi on Oct 31, 2012 1:55 PM
  • 6. Re: Another parent window already exist for this section
    Segal Explorer
    Hi Carlos. Would you upgrade to the latest, 6.1.0.2 and retry. If you receive the same error please create an SR.
    Thanks.

Segal
  • 7. Re: Another parent window already exist for this section
    Carlos Benassi Newbie
    Hi Segal, thank you for your time.
    From My Oracle Support, Patches and Updates, Advanced Search tab, I only can find patches for v 6.1.0. May you provide me some ID?

Regards
    Carlos
  • 8. Re: Another parent window already exist for this section
    Matt J Journeyer
    Here is the direct link. https://support.oracle.com/epmos/faces/PatchResultsNDetails?_adf.ctrl-state=14s9rjlznr_9&releaseId=41166100&requestId=15668892&patchId=14673723&languageId=0&platformId=912&_afrLoop=159917996916482
  • 9. Re: Another parent window already exist for this section
    Carlos Benassi Newbie
    Thank you Matt and Segal and Trey, how is a VM - DEMO/POC environment, I can backup it easily and apply the patches. I'm gonna do that and I'll let you know about the progress.
    Anyway, thank you for your time.

Regards
    Carlos

Edited by: Carlos Benassi on Nov 19, 2012 5:49 PM
  • 10. Re: Another parent window already exist for this section
    Matt J Journeyer
    BTW, 6.1.0.1 is a prerequisite for the 6.1.0.2 Service Pack. you can download it, here, https://support.oracle.com/epmos/faces/PatchResultsNDetails?_adf.ctrl-state=159ux6w84x_9&releaseId=41166100&requestId=14722853&patchId=13894039&languageId=0&platformId=912&_afrLoop=165850022816468
  • 11. Re: Another parent window already exist for this section
    Carlos Benassi Newbie
    Thank you Matt, both file downloaded, starting upgrade.

Regards
    Carlos
  • 12. Re: Another parent window already exist for this section
    Carlos Benassi Newbie
    Matt, after applying successfully the p13894039_610_WINNT.zip patch, at least the I got the the message "Processed - with no errors", I can't reach the portal site anymore.
    I'm facing the following error: SqlException (0x80131904):
    A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server)]
    System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.GetConnection(DbConnection owningObject) +428
    System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.GetConnection(DbConnection owningConnection) +65
    System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionClosed.OpenConnection(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory) +117
    System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.Open() +122
    Xeno.Data.XDataObjectConnection.Open() +33
    Xeno.Data.XDbConnectionPool.internal_lock(IXDataObjectConnection connection) +226
    Xeno.Data.XDbConnectionPool.getConnection() +717
    Xeno.Data.XDbConnectionPool.getConnection(Int32 timeOut) +86
    Xeno.Data.XDataQueryIsolated.execute(String statement) +92
    Xeno.Prodika.Translation.Loaders.Database.StandardTranslationCacheDataLoaderHelper.SetupCacheHelpers(Hashtable cacheHelpers) +58
    Xeno.Prodika.Translation.Loaders.Database.StandardTranslationCacheDataLoaderHelper.GetCacheHelperObjects() +42
    Xeno.Prodika.Translation.Loaders.Database.StandardTranslationCacheDataLoader.Load(ITranslationManagerAdmin manager) +122
    Xeno.Prodika.Translation.TranslationManager..ctor(ITranslationCacheDataLoader loader) +244
    Xeno.Prodika.Translation.TranslationManagerFactory.createTranslationManager(ITranslationCacheDataLoader loader) +28
    Xeno.Prodika.Application.Manager.ApplicationManager.InitializeState_Internal(ISessionState state, IExecutionContext context, IXDataManager manager, ITransactionManager transactionManager) +199
    Xeno.Prodika.Application.Manager.ApplicationManager.InitializeState(ISessionState state, IExecutionContext context) +223
    Xeno.Prodika.Application.Manager.ApplicationManagerFactory.Xeno.Prodika.Application.IApplicationManagerFactory.CreateApplicationManagerSession(ISessionState state, IExecutionContext context) +22
    Xeno.Prodika.Application.Facade.AbstractPlatformFacade.EnsureInitialized() +150
    Xeno.Prodika.Application.Facade.AbstractPlatformFacade.get_ApplicationManager() +12
    Xeno.Prodika.XML.XmlMergeHelper.get_UsePlatform() +41

By the way I'm using an Oracle DB and I also noticed that RemoteContainnerService services is stopping suddenly.

Any guess?
    Regards
    Carlos

Edited by: Carlos Benassi on Nov 27, 2012 3:05 PM
  • 13. Re: Another parent window already exist for this section
    Matt J Journeyer
    Carlos,

did you diff and merge the changes for files in the config file directory, or did you replace them with the new config files? specifically, look at config\environmentvariables.config and config\custom\environmentsettings.config. make sure your connect string is still correct in environmentvariables.config and the adapter factory config line is still in your environmentsettings.config.

-M
  • 14. Re: Another parent window already exist for this section
    Carlos Benassi Newbie
    Hi Matt, I previously didn't change the files environmentvariables.config and environmentsettings.config. So I didn’t have the connection to DB set up. To fix that I tried to different methods, copy and paste the v6.0.0 files, from my running environment, and merge the files from 6.0.0 to the 6.0.1.
    Now I can't start Remote Container Service, I'm getting a message that says: Could not start RemoteContainerService on a local computer. Error 1067. The process terminated Unexpectedly.
    When I try to reach the portal I get the following error:

'server' is an invalid connection string attribute
    Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.
    Exception Details: System.ArgumentException: 'server' is an invalid connection string attribute
    Source Error:
    An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.
    Stack Trace:
    [ArgumentException: 'server' is an invalid connection string attribute]
    Oracle.DataAccess.Client.OracleConnection.ParseConnectionString() +2798
    Oracle.DataAccess.Client.OracleConnection.set_ConnectionString(String value) +369
    Xeno.Data.XDataObjectConnection.set_ConnectionString(String value) +41
    Xeno.Data.XDbConnectionPool.internal_create() +132
    Xeno.Data.XDbConnectionPool..ctor(Int32 min, Int32 max, Int64 expirationTime, String connectString, Boolean isDisconnected, IXDBAdapterFactory dbAdapterFactory) +339
    Xeno.Data.XDbConnectionPool..ctor(Int32 min, Int32 max, Int64 expirationTime, String connectString, IXDBAdapterFactory dbAdapterFactory) +54
    Xeno.Prodika.Config.ConnectionPoolConfig.Xeno.Prodika.Config.IConnectionPoolConfig.CreatePool() +116
    Xeno.Prodika.Application.Manager.ApplicationManagerFactory.Xeno.Prodika.Application.IApplicationManagerFactory.CreateApplicationManager(String configFile, String configRoot, String profile, IApplicationState state) +188
    Xeno.Prodika.Application.Facade.AbstractPlatformFacade.get_AppState() +135
    Xeno.Prodika.Application.Facade.AbstractPlatformFacade..ctor(String configFile, String configRoot, String profile, String uid, String pwd) +97
    Xeno.Prodika.Application.Facade.PlatformFacadeImpl..ctor(String configFile, String configRoot, String profile, String uid, String pwd) +64
    Xeno.Prodika.Application.Facade.PlatformFacadeFactoryImpl.Create_Internal(String configFile, String configRoot, String profile, String uid, String pwd) +41
    Xeno.Prodika.Application.Facade.PlatformFacadeFactoryBase.Create(String configFile, String configRoot, String profile, String uid, String pwd) +24
    Xeno.Prodika.Application.Facade.PlatformFacadeFactoryImpl.Create_Internal(String configRoot) +14
    Xeno.Prodika.Application.Facade.PlatformFacadeFactoryBase.Create(String configRoot) +12
    Xeno.Prodika.Application.Facade.ProdikaWebFacadeHelper.GetPlatformFacade(HttpSessionState session) +187
    Xeno.Prodika.Application.Facade.ProdikaWebFacadeHelper.GetPlatformFacade(HttpContext hContext) +95
    Xeno.Web.Modules.FormsAuthenticationHelperModule.GetPlatformFacade(HttpContext ctx) +14
    Xeno.Web.Modules.FormsAuthenticationHelperModule.PlatformAuthenticationTokenHandler(Object sender, EventArgs args) +599
    System.Web.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +68
    System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +75

Regards
    Carlos
1 2 Previous Next

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points