2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 25, 2012 11:34 AM by bloodysmartie

Performance issues using JavaFX on different notebooks

bloodysmartie
      Hello,

unfortunately i feel forced to ask a question about performance issues. As far as i understood, most of the problems with JavaFX 2.0 that are discussed here or somewhere else seem to have there roots in a huge count of nodes and/or some kind of animations. In opposition to this I'm writing a business application for the desktop with JavaFX as a Swing-replacement. There are no permanent animations at all and the scene has all in all 200 nodes(measured it with ScenicView) yet. I use no WebView-Nodes.

The application runs very well on my development computer with 16 GB of RAM, a Intel Corei7 2600K processor and a mid-class AMD grafics device. Also, there are no performance issues on a Core i3 Notebook. As soon as i start the application on my Thinkpad X220 with Core i7-2620M CPU, 8 GB RAM and Intel HD graphics it get's almost unusable. For example, there is a diagramm(see attached screenshot), which is situated in a scrollpane. As soon as i try to pan it, the panning extremely slow(i'd say 2-4 fps). Another example is that hovering buttons is not very responsive. Moving the mouse over a button causes the hover effect 0.3-0.5 seconds after it entered the button. Fading transitions that i use at some places are not smooth as well.

I made sure that the app is running using a hardware renderer on each computer. Also, i tried to force a fallback to the software renderer using the "-Dprism.order=j2d" switch but it only performed worse.

So my first question is: Are there known issues with mobile processors/graphic devices of the mentioned type?