5 Replies Latest reply: Nov 6, 2012 6:56 AM by user753358 RSS

Oracle 11g is getting installed as localhost

user753358
      Hi Experts,

I am facing this problem in my all environment(windows/linux) but not able to get the reason why its happening.
      Whenever i am Install Oracle 11gr2 its getting installed as https://localhost:1158/em
      The hostname entries in listener.ora and tnsnames.ora are comming as localhost.
      Due to this reason i am not able to connect to the database from other server, i can access the database from same server using localhost. Also due to this reason I cant run dba related commands.

From some of the posts i go the workaround for this solution as:
      create a link of this file "C:\app\aime\product\11.2.0\dbhome_1\localhost_orcl" as "C:\app\aime\product\11.2.0\dbhome_1\*<hostnmae>*_orcl"
      "C:\app\aime\product\11.2.0\dbhome_1\oc4j\j2ee\OC4J_DBConsole_localhost_orcl" as "C:\app\aime\product\11.2.0\dbhome_1\oc4j\j2ee\OC4J_DBConsole_*<hostname>*_orcl"
      Also change the hostname entry in listener.ora and tnsnames.ora as hostname of db server. After that restart the Listener and it will work fine.

Can you please help me to get the reason of this problem? so that I can avoid the applying workaround after installation.

Thanks
      Krishna