This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Oct 26, 2012 12:35 AM by 774758 RSS

Errore(7,19): PLS-00201: identifier 'DBMS_CRYPTO' must be declared

774758 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,

I inherited the management of an Oracle 10.2.0.3 database Standard Edition on a 32 bit Microsoft Windows Server 2003 R2 platform
with some invalided objects related to SYSMAN schema.
I suppose that probably these invalid objects are derived from a bad **previous upgrading operation*(probably from 10.2.0.1 to 10.2.0.3).
Furthermore I looked for a solution on the net and I found that this trouble could be issued dropping and recreating again the Database Control Repository using emca plus specific commands.http://www.idevelopment.info/data/Oracle/DBA_tips/Enterprise_Manager/OEM_3.shtml#On Windows Systems
I followed these commands on my test database and the repository was successfully created and all the previous invalidated objects where corrected.

However there is still a view not functioning. I tried to compile it again after the creation of the new Database Control Repository with the command alter view <viewname> compile but it returns the following errors:

Progetto: sqldev.temp:/IdeConnections%23jhoray01XDB.jpr

Errore(7,3): PL/SQL: Statement ignored

Errore(7,19): PLS-00201: identifier 'DBMS_CRYPTO' must be declared

As I urge to give back the database without invalid objects I would appreciated any helps

Thanks in advance

Susy OCP 10G DBA

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points