This discussion is archived
7 Replies Latest reply: Feb 25, 2013 12:16 PM by JTaylor RSS

create popup modal page like skillbuilder plug-in

Gor_Mahia Explorer
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,
I am looking for an excellent way to display page popup modally like in skillbuilder plugins(problem with skillbuilder plug-in it doesnt work well with IE) any help on this please? thanks & regards
  • 1. Re: create popup modal page like skillbuilder plug-in
    Mindmap Pro
    Hi Jieri,
    You can check :

1- Sample Dialog in the packaged Application.
    2- You can use fancy box

http://saradesh.com/tajuddin/index.php/implementing-fancybox-in-oracle-apex-application/

Fancy Box

Best Regards,
    Fateh
  • 2. Re: create popup modal page like skillbuilder plug-in
    Tom Petrus Expert
    Hi jieri,

what exactly are the problems you're facing with IE? I'm using the plugin aswell and the corporate browser is IE8, and i have no issues with it really.
  • 3. Re: create popup modal page like skillbuilder plug-in
    Gor_Mahia Explorer
    Tom
    Well the skillbuilder 2.0 to display popup page modally doesn't work very well in IE the way it works cool in FF. If you have a large report page at times the bottom part of the popup webpage is cutoff including even the horizontal bar you wont see and if you take the template options that shows the Close("X") at the bottom that too wont show at times. Please check out the blog of the skillbuilders to see other peoples comments,
    Other than that its functionality are good and works pretty well with FF.
    This fact forced me to remove it from some pages because we use IE as the std....thanks.
  • 4. Re: create popup modal page like skillbuilder plug-in
    Gor_Mahia Explorer
    Resolved.
  • 5. Re: create popup modal page like skillbuilder plug-in
    GiuseppeL Newbie
    Can you share how you solved it?

Regards.
  • 6. Re: create popup modal page like skillbuilder plug-in
    JTaylor Newbie
    Can you explain how this was solved?

I have I believe the same issue, not just IE, but Chrome as well. Firefox works great. The only way I have found to fix it is use the fade or elastic transition, then it works every time. Depending on the modal size and the current window size, the none transition doesn't render parts of the modal. However, when you scroll or resize the browser it fills in the gaps immediately. Also, I have found it renders correctly 100% of the time when I am at the top of the screen on the page that opens the modal. But when I'm scrolled down the main page the modal has gaps at the bottom. (

Anybody know why this is the case?

I'm using APEX 4.2.1 and theme 25.

I put a demo out on apex.oracle.com:
    http://apex.oracle.com/pls/apex/f?p=72188:1
    Username: demo
    Password: demo

You need to size your browser to somewhere between width 1200 and 1400 and make sure the height is high enough to fit at least the full modal dialog. You'll see the issue I'm talking about with IE and chrome, but not firefox.

I played around with the component settings initial height and width which I think is what causes the problem (which in my example are set to 100 x 300). If I set the width to anything above 362 px I wouldn't see the issue. However, that is because the responsive design kicks in and decides to leave the width low.

Is this unsupported on responsive themes and APEX 4.2's new responsive grid layouts?

Thanks,

JT
  • 7. Re: create popup modal page like skillbuilder plug-in
    JTaylor Newbie
    I found a way to fix this, although a hack. I simply added a Dynamic Action that is fired on event End Open [Skillbuilders Plug-In] which executes the resize method to effectively redraw the modal.

$(document).apex_modal_page('resize');

If you have problems with teh End Open or Start Open event, a fix is explained here: Skillbuilder Modal Page - Dynamic Title

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points