This content has been marked as final. Show 3 replies
The error you see is definitely unexpected -- that spot in the code controls refreshing the content of any editors that could be affected by the SQL that just got processed. In the case of TRACE SESSION, I don't think any editors should be affected since the result is to begin writing to a trc file on the server.
If I put a break-point at that line in the Java class and run the debugger, the debugger never even reaches that code for the scenario you describe (Monitor Sessions [select a SYSDBA connection], then Trace Session [select an ordinary user like SCOTT]).
Knowing what other editors you had open within SQL Developer may help. Or maybe some other SQL was running simultaneously, completing around the same point in time. Not really sure what more to suggest...
SQL Developer Team
Thanks for getting back to me.
I've tried running the trace session again without any other editor open and I still get the error thrown only this time the error only appears once in the Logging Page pane whereas before it appeared three times. If I open a SQL editor and try the trace the error appears twice, opening another SQL editor makes the error appear three times and so on. So, running the trace generates an error, and an additional copy of the error appears for each open editor.
Not sure if this gives you any clues?
Apparently even though the error level is marked as SEVERE, in this case there really is no harm. If you look at your sqldeveloper.conf file, toward the bottom, you will see either
The debug version contains
IncludeConfFile sqldeveloper-nondebug.conf or IncludeConfFile sqldeveloper-debug.conf
which enables debug logging and Java assert processing. The assert actually blocks processing of the code you see the error in. Since developers typically run the debug version, we never see that message logged. The non-debug version contains
AddVMOption -Dsqldev.debug=true AddVMOption -ea
AddVMOption -Dide.AssertTracingDisabled=trueSo you should either ignore the error, or try to edit your conf files to suppress it. Possibly a bug should be logged, but the condition is benign.