This discussion is archived
1 Reply Latest reply: Oct 28, 2012 12:31 PM by rp0428 RSS

How do i found customer details  based on costomer name

971085 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
hi all
i hav a table calleed customer that contains cloumns like "customer name "and "customer id" and customer "introducer name" and "customer introducer id" if give customer introder name as input i want the details of customer name and customer id of the customers introdeced by that customer (which i given name as input)

Edited by: 968082 on Oct 28, 2012 10:18 AM
  • 1. Re: How do i found customer details  based on costomer name
    rp0428 Guru
    Currently Being Moderated
    Welcome to the forum!

Unfortunately you've posted to the wrong forum. This forum is for SQL Developer questions only. If your question is about an Oracle database you need to repost it in the SQL and PL/SQL forum
    SQL and PL/SQL
    >
    i hav a table calleed customer that contains cloumns like "customer name "and "customer id" and customer "introducer name" and "customer introducer id" if give customer introder name as input i want the details of customer name and customer id of the customers introdeced by that customer (which i given name as input)
    >
    If you know the exact name (including case) you want you can use
    SELECT custName, custId from customer where custIntroducerName = 'myNameToFind'
    If you don't know the entire name or the exact case you will need to use UPPER and LIKE instead of =
    SELECT custName, custId from customer where UPPER(custIntroducerName) LIKE '%MYNAMETOFIND%'
    Mark this question ANSWERED. If you need more help post in the correct forum.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points