3 Replies Latest reply: Oct 29, 2012 2:58 PM by user8860348 RSS

PeopleTools 8.49 Application Designer cannot log into HRCS 9.0 Database

user8860348
      Folks,

Hello. I am working on Human Resources and Campus Solution 9.0 (HRCS 9.0) Portal. The thing is as below:

I understand HRCS 9.0 requires PeopleTools 8.50 or higher. But I have no choice to use PeopleTools 8.49 for it.

My PeopleSoft Internet Architecture is PeopleTools 8.49, Weblogic 9.2, Tuxedo 9.0 and MS SQL Server 2005.
      My Operating System is Windows Server 2003 on the top of VM Player 3.

First time, I installed HRCS 9.0 with PeopleTools 8.49 and set up HRCS 9.0 Database in SQL Server successfully.
      Application Designer log into Database HRCS 9.0 successfully with UserId PS and Password PS.

Later, the miserable thing happens to me: I delete HRCS 9.0 Database in SQL Server by an accident !

I set up HRCS 9.0 Database again, but Application Designer cannot log into HRCS 9.0 Database any more.

I create a new Virtual Machine to install entire PIA and PeopleTools 8.49 with Windows Server 2003 and set up HRCS 9.0 Database, but Application Designer still cannot log into HRCS 9.0 Database.

My question is:

How to have PeopleTools 8.49 Application Designer log into HRCS 9.0 Database in SQL Server 2005 as I did it at the first time ?

Thanks in advance.
        • 1. Re: PeopleTools 8.49 Application Designer cannot log into HRCS 9.0 Database
          HakanBiroglu
          Hi,

When you look at the readme on Oracle Software Delivery Cloud for PeopleSoft Human Capital Management and Campus Solutions 9.0:

PeopleSoft Human Capital Management and Campus Solutions 9.0 – Revision 5: This part (number V30469-01) has replaced the PeopleSoft Enterprise Human Resources Management System (HRMS) and Campus Solutions 9.0 media (part number B34591-01), the PeopleSoft Enterprise Human Resources Management System and Campus Solutions 9.0 - Revision 1 media (part number V20635-01) and the PeopleSoft Enterprise Human Resources Management System and Campus Solutions 9.0: Feature Pack – March 2011 media (part number V24852-01). New installations of PeopleSoft Human Capital Management and Campus Solutions 9.0 should use this part. If you have already installed the original HRMS and Campus Solutions 9.0 (part number B34591-01) media, Revision 1 (part number V20635-01) media, or Feature Pack - March 2011 (part number V24852-01) media, you should install the Maintenance Packs or bundles available on My Oracle Support; you should not install this part. The PeopleSoft Human Capital Management and Campus Solutions 9.0 – Revision 5 media includes all maintenance posted through December 27, 2011 (up to PeopleSoft HCM and CS Maintenance Pack 13, PeopleSoft HRMS Bundle #18, PeopleSoft Campus Solutions Bundle #23, PeopleSoft Payroll Tax Update 11-F, and Global Payroll Update 2011-F). If you install this media, you do not need to separately install these maintenance packs or bundles. All installs of HCM and Campus Solutions 9.0 – Revision 5 require PeopleTools 8.52.03 or higher+. Please check the upgrade documentation for the PeopleTools requirements for your specific upgrade path. For additional information on PeopleSoft Feature Packs, please go to My Oracle Support.

So if you are using the install files from Oracle Software Delivery Cloud for PeopleSoft Human Capital Management and Campus Solutions 9.0, you can only download the revision recut that is running on PeopleTools 8.52.03 and you can not downgrade to PeopleTools 8.49.

If you have your original installation files (HRMS 9.0 on PeopleTools 8.49), you can use these.
          If you do not have your original installation files, you only option is to contact Oracle

Regards,

Hakan
          • 2. Re: PeopleTools 8.49 Application Designer cannot log into HRCS 9.0 Database
            Nicolas.Gasparotto
            Hakan Biroglu wrote:
            If you have your original installation files (HRMS 9.0 on PeopleTools 8.49), you can use these.
            Even older, it was delivered based on 8.48. I have had to upgrade to 8.49... :
            http://gasparotto.blogspot.nl/2008/01/on-peoplesoft-road-peoplesoft-database_27.html

Nicolas.
            • 3. Re: PeopleTools 8.49 Application Designer cannot log into HRCS 9.0 Database
              user8860348
              Folks,

Hello. Thanks a lot for replying. The issue is solved.