This discussion is archived
1 Reply Latest reply: Oct 29, 2012 5:18 AM by mille328 RSS

JRE 7u9 Not Recognized by 'java.com'

mille328 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
I have installed Java 7, Update 9 on my computer (Windows 7, 64-bit), but when I test it at 'java.com' (either thru Firefox 16.0.1 or Internet Explorer 9), it does not recognize that it has been installed. I have attempted various scenarios to make it work, but to no avail. I suspect that the problem goes back to when I had Java 7u5 installed (successfully). It automatically installed JavaFX 2.1.1 on my machine. When I wanted to upgrade, I uninstalled Java JRE and JavaFX 2.1.1 thru the Windows control panel, which appeared to work fine, but after installing 7u9, that's when the problems began.

To troubleshoot, I uninstalled all Java thru the Windows control panel, re-installed Java 7u5 (with the automatic install of JavaFX 2.1.1), and detection thru 'java.com' was successful. I then uninstalled 7u5 and JavaFX 2.1.1, and re-installed Java 7u9. Detection thru 'java.com' was unsuccessful. I have also tried installing Java 7u5, then uninstalling it but leaving JavaFX 2.1.1 alone in the hopes that it would make 7u9 work, but when I then installed 7u9, detection thru 'java.com' was still unsuccessful.

Can anyone please advise? Thank you, and apologies in advance if this issue has been resolved in a separate thread of which I am unaware.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points