2 Replies Latest reply: Nov 20, 2012 7:33 AM by Narayan, RSS

Installing HFM in hyperion 9.3.1

Narayan,
      Hello gurus,

I am new to hyperion system 9.3.1 and I have issue in installation configuration in HFM 9.3.1,

I have installed following components on Windows server 2003 SP1 x86, and I have used SQL server 2005 SP1.
      1. Shared service
      2. Reporting and analysis (Workspace, FR)
      3. HDM
      4. FDQM

I did following installation steps,
      1. Installed and configured Shared service.
      2. Installed HFM component (ADM Client), for Financial Management as a data source.
      3. Installed and configured Reporting and Analysis.
      4. Installed and configured HFM. Enable DCOM using user "Administrator".
      5. Configured EPMA.
      6. Configured Web server.

Did I missed some thing or did any wrong method?

I got following errors:
      1. HFM is not get listed in workspace "Help>About>Show Details" list. only EPMA and FR is there.
      2.After opening Application library, there is no option of create new application under File menu.
      3.During logging in FDM Workbench getting error "[10061] Connection refused - 25062".

I don't know how to solve these issues what should I do?

Thanks in advance.
        • 1. Re: Installing HFM in hyperion 9.3.1
          Vivek Chetiaparath
          Hi,

So does all the services gets started as per services panel? if yes then check each components startup log file to ensure that the products are actually up and running.The logs should tell you what error occurred when initializing.

Thanks
          VIVEK
          • 2. Re: Installing HFM in hyperion 9.3.1
            Narayan,
            Hi Vivek,

Thanks for quick reply,
            As of now I am able to solved above three issues. Description is as follows I hope it will help to others. After Installing and configuring hyperion 9.3.1, I did in-place Upgrade of HSS, HFM, FDM, EPMA, Reporting and Analysis all installation and Configuration went well but I don't know what is the post procedure on updating to 9.3.3.

+1. HFM is not get listed in workspace "Help>About>Show Details" list. only EPMA and FR is there.+
            :- We need to just Enable Following *"Web Service Extensions"* properties in IIS Console,
            a)Active Server Pages
            b)FrontPage Server Extensions
            c)Server Side Includes

+2.After opening Application library, there is no option of create new application under File menu.+
            :- Its due to insufficient privileges given to user. Give Create application privilege to user.

+3.During logging in FDM Workbench getting error "[10061] Connection refused - 25062".+
            :- FDM was not properly configured, I Reassigned MSAD directory in Shared service and reconfigure FDM and it worked.