6 Replies Latest reply: Nov 1, 2012 12:12 PM by veejai24 RSS

Creating dynamic endpoint for synchronous partner link. SOA 11g

KeithFosberg
      I am on page 522 of the Developer's Guide and have hit a dead end.

1) There is no such thing as a "Transformation" activity.
      2) If I assume they meant "Transform" I am still stuck because you can't use a wsdl as input
      3) What is a "copy rule?" I thought that meant Assign, but the Assign dialog looks NOTHING like their screen shot.

I get the CONCEPT 100% but the actual implementation is a complete mystery because this book is fatally flawed.
        • 1. Re: Creating dynamic endpoint for synchronous partner link. SOA 11g
          vladodias
          Keith Fosberg wrote:
          I am on page 522 of the Developer's Guide and have hit a dead end.
          Which developer's guide? SOA, AIA, ODI? Can you share a link of the document you're looking at?
          • 2. Re: Creating dynamic endpoint for synchronous partner link. SOA 11g
            KeithFosberg
            It's not a link, it is a literal book.

Oracle SOA Suite 11g R1 Developer's Guide

Of more importance to me than sorting out the book is sorting out the issue. I have two partner links I want to be able to set runtime endpoints for. I also want this to be done based on which deployment server the composites are on, but I can cross that bridge later.

One of the partner links is an HTTP Adapter and the other a WS Adapter.

I imported the WS-address schema and created en endpoint reference variable but then I get stuck. How to I use this to change the endpoint of the partner link? The developer's guide says "use a Transformation" which I am guessing means and Oracle Transform (thing that makes xlst style sheets) but Transform only accepts variables as input and output and the guide screenshot is showing wsdls being used.

Also -- looking at "The BPEL Cookbook" (http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/articles/carey-090553.html) I get imediately lost because only partial examples are shown and repeated references are made to this "DynamicPartnerLink Sample" which I can find umpteen million references to but no source for.

OK.. found the source for the referenced wsdl .. and it has nothing I didn't already have.

I am using jDeveloper... I think the cookbook is referring to some other editor. I needs instructions I can follow in jDeveloper because my employer is requiring we use that.

Edited by: Keith Fosberg on Oct 30, 2012 7:16 AM
            • 3. Re: Creating dynamic endpoint for synchronous partner link. SOA 11g
              KeithFosberg
              I've been fighting this for days. BPEL is the absolute worst toolset I have ever dealt with.
              • 4. Re: Creating dynamic endpoint for synchronous partner link. SOA 11g
                vladodias
                Keith Fosberg wrote:
                I've been fighting this for days. BPEL is the absolute worst toolset I have ever dealt with.
                BPEL is a language not a toolset... Problem is jdeveloper... From my view, Oracle's decision to stick on jdev while eclipse is so much better is a mistake...

Until 10g there was still an Eclipse BPEL Designer... but that was gone... OSB dev env is still on eclipse (OEPE)... But they will probably move it over jdev on the next iteration...

What's funny is that the screenshots from the "The BPEL Cookbook" you mentioned look like eclipse to me... Probably outdated...

Cheers,
                Vlad
                • 5. Re: Creating dynamic endpoint for synchronous partner link. SOA 11g
                  KeithFosberg
                  Yes, that sounds reasonable. I'm afraid I got a bit frustrated there. It just seems like I am jumping through a lot of hoops to accomplish what I have always thought of as being pretty simple tasks.
                  • 6. Re: Creating dynamic endpoint for synchronous partner link. SOA 11g
                    veejai24
                    Check out the below post.

https://blogs.oracle.com/dasoa/entry/11g_dynamic_partnerlink_example
                    http://oraclefusion1011.blogspot.co.uk/2011/03/dynamic-partner-link-in-bpel.html

Let us know how you go.

Thanks,
                    Vijay