This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Oct 29, 2012 1:15 PM by Nicolas.Gasparotto RSS

UPGPTHASH App Engine Post Installation is taking a lot of time

mmaller0319 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
C:\pt852\bin\client\winx86>psae -CT ORACLE -CD PSFNP -CO VP1 -CP VP1 -R INSTALL -AI UPGPTHASH
PeopleTools 8.52.11 - Application Engine
Copyright (c) 1988-2012 Oracle and/or its affiliates.
All Rights Reserved

This is running for a long long time...Does it run that long?Almost an hr now .I am doing a fresh install of FSCM 9.1 FP2 on Tools 8.52.11 on Windows
  • 1. Re: UPGPTHASH App Engine Post Installation is taking a lot of time
    Nicolas.Gasparotto Oracle ACE
    mmaller0319 wrote:
    C:\pt852\bin\client\winx86>psae -CT ORACLE -CD PSFNP -CO VP1 -CP VP1 -R INSTALL -AI UPGPTHASH
    PeopleTools 8.52.11 - Application Engine
    Copyright (c) 1988-2012 Oracle and/or its affiliates.
    All Rights Reserved
    UPGPTHASH takes always time to run.
    ....I am doing a fresh install of FSCM 9.1 FP2 on Tools 8.52.11 on Windows
    But UPGPTHASH is a part of Task 7-1 which has to be executed only for Application delivered before Peopletools 8.52. However your application is based on PT8.52, that means you don't need to run all these tasks 7-1-x at all (check page 187).

Nicolas.
  • 2. Re: UPGPTHASH App Engine Post Installation is taking a lot of time
    mmaller0319 Newbie
    "If you are installing either a PeopleSoft PeopleTools System Database or a database delivered on
    PeopleSoft PeopleTools 8.52, and you are applying a required for install PeopleSoft PeopleTools patch, skip the
    steps in this task"

In my case tools was 8.52 and so i did not have to run any relscripts?

Does this mean we skip entirely from 7-1-1 to 7-1-12?

What about the PPLTLS84CUR and PPLTLSCURDEL project?Dont we have to copy both of them and alter PPLTLS84CUR?

I have already copied PPLTLS84CUR followed by CURDEL and then altered PPLTLS84CUR?Will it have done any harm to the installation?
  • 3. Re: UPGPTHASH App Engine Post Installation is taking a lot of time
    Nicolas.Gasparotto Oracle ACE
    mmaller0319 wrote:
    "If you are installing either a PeopleSoft PeopleTools System Database or a database delivered on
    PeopleSoft PeopleTools 8.52, and you are applying a required for install PeopleSoft PeopleTools patch, skip the
    steps in this task"

In my case tools was 8.52 and so i did not have to run any relscripts?

Does this mean we skip entirely from 7-1-1 to 7-1-12?

What about the PPLTLS84CUR and PPLTLSCURDEL project?Dont we have to copy both of them and alter PPLTLS84CUR?

I have already copied PPLTLS84CUR followed by CURDEL and then altered PPLTLS84CUR?Will it have done any harm to the installation?
    All this is not required. If your db is running on PT8.52, skip the task 7-1 and go directly to 7-2. Do not copy and build projects.
    If I was you, I would restart from scratch with a new db.

Nicolas.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points