Is this the right place to post this type of questions?
Any input is greatly appreciated.
There was an issue with the Oracle JDBC driver that it returns "undefined" for formulas.
Are these formula columns?
You may want to contact Oracle Support and file an SR - we would like to follow up on this issue.
Edited by: KlausFabian on Oct 31, 2012 1:41 PM
Thank you for that information!
Hello. I am actually experiencing the exact issue. Were you ever able to get it resolved?
I have exactly same issue with Oracle BI Publisher 11g Trial Edition (v126.96.36.199.1) for Windows 64 bit:
- The data and data type are declared as REAL numbers in Oracle 11g
- in BIP, the data source is a ordinary JDBC connection to Oracle 11g ( jdbc:oracle:thin:@[host]:[port]:[sid] )
- The numbers are fetched correctly from the database (XML)
- But then in the schema of the dataStructure I find integer instead of real ( <group name="G_3" label="G_3" source="test"> <element name="INDICE" value="INDICE" label="INDICE" dataType="xsd:integer" breakOrder="" fieldOrder="1"/> )
- The diagram has the 999 icon instead of 99E
- The Create Report wizard gives me empty columns in a Data Table for those real (now number) data elements
- The Element -> Properties -> Data Type cannot be altered in the diagram
Could this wrong behavior be fixed in the registry or a config file ?
LNS_LANG or NLS_NUMERIC_CHARACTERS to consider ?
Great Post! I hit this bug withing 5 minutes of using BI Publisher for the first time. Spent the next frustrating 2 hours trying to figure out what I was doing wrong.
We plan to install the patch mentioned above shortly. We are running 188.8.131.52.0 (latest release as at 20-Nov-2013) and hit this bug with almost every SQL query we write.