This discussion is archived
1 Reply Latest reply: Oct 30, 2012 1:20 AM by Prabodh RSS

several questions to install APEX listener

lxiscas Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi:

I am a new bie to install APEX listener. I have installed OC4J in my windows. But I have several questions:

#1 Do I have to install APEX before installing apex listener? otherwise, how can I test APEX listener is working?
#2 if I do not have to install APEX at first, what should I answer about APEX static resources?

I am using APEX listener 1.1.4.195.00.12, OC4J 101350

Any help would be appreciated.

Sam

Edited by: lxiscas on Oct 29, 2012 2:34 PM
  • 1. Re: several questions to install APEX listener
    Prabodh Guru
    Currently Being Moderated
    Hi Sam,
    I am a new bie to install APEX listener. I have installed OC4J in my windows. But I have several questions:
    You can run ApexListener Standalone, you do not even need OC4J.
    >
    #1 Do I have to install APEX before installing apex listener? otherwise, how can I test APEX listener is working?
    >
    If you do not have Apex installed what do you intend to do with ApexListener? Use it for REST services? Without Apex installed you can perhaps "test" the resourcetemplates, if that is the intended use. You need an Oracle instance though.
    >
    #2 if I do not have to install APEX at first, what should I answer about APEX static resources?

I am using APEX listener 1.1.4.195.00.12, OC4J 101350>
    ApexListener and the Apex need not be on the same machine.
    It will be more meaningful of you went on to ApexListener installation when you have at least one Apex that you can connect to on your LAN.
    There is a big community that uses ApexListener so I do not see a need to "test" ApexListener.

Cheers,

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points