This content has been marked as final. Show 3 replies
What is the supported method of merging these files into a single domain file that is then the default file for the whole design?Open design, go to domain administration and change "Domains File" property to the name of that one single file.
Or you can write transformation script to do it for you - don't forget to delete other files from domains directory.
Works like a charm! Thank you!
I think I have also figured out how this particular model ended up with domain files that had multiple .xml suffixes. Steps to reproduce using Data Modeler version 220.127.116.119:
1) Open Domain Administrator
2) Select a domain file to administer such as foobar_domains.xml.
3) Click on Add to add a new domain to that file.
4) Give the new domain a name. Note that the Domains file property now contains the complete file name: foobar_domains.xml.
5) Click on Apply and then on Save.
6) Close the Domain Administrator.
7) Save the model.
=> The newly added domain has been saved to foobar_domains.xml.xml and not to foobar_domains.xml as expected. However, as long as one does not save the whole model the new domain appears to stay in foobar_domains.xml.
2) Select a domain file to administer such as foobar_domains.xml.You can do it in this way but then you should not open the design itself.
Using "Domains File" property is much easier way to create design level domains - the design should be opened.