This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Oct 31, 2012 8:16 AM by Branchbird - Pat RSS

Two diff apps using the same dgraph, want two reports, one for each app

953835 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Have two different applications using the same endeca engine. With just one LogServer you are not able to make a distinction between the log entries. To do that you need two different LogServers, each application writes to it's own LogServer. That part seems easy.
The problem is trying to create two different sets of reports. In AppConfig.xml it seems like I need to create duplicate entries for things like "DailyReports". And even that I think I can do. What I am not able to figure out is how the DailyReports gets kicked off. How it is started. In the Workbench all you have are two check boxes, one for daily and the other for weekly. What do those hook up to, to kick off things off?
  • 1. Re: Two diff apps using the same dgraph, want two reports, one for each app
    PravinChikhale Explorer
    Workbench uses thread and Timer.scheduleAtFixedRate method to trigger the daily and weekly report. Time for execution is kept constant. It works like a scheduler.

--Pravin                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           
  • 2. Re: Two diff apps using the same dgraph, want two reports, one for each app
    Branchbird - Pat Journeyer
    Joe,

As Pravin mentions, the checking of those boxes in Workbench triggers scheduled jobs within the EAC that kicks off the scripts at the appropriate time/day. But as you've noticed, there's not a ton of flexibility and you don't get cron or Windows Scheduler-type capabilities.

If you need to do something special, you can manually kick off the report generation scripts from your control directory using the runcommand.bat (or sh) script or place the command into a cron/Windows Scheduler job:

For example, to kick off the WeeklyReports job, you would do this:
    runcommand.sh WeeklyReports run
    So, assuming you go down the route of creating multiple ReportGenerators and scripts, you would create a job to kick off the new script you've created at the appropriate time.

Hope that helps,

Patrick
    http://branchbird.com

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points