1 Reply Latest reply: Oct 31, 2012 3:24 AM by Sunny kichloo RSS

Oracle 11g ASM Disk Locations

Hi,

My spfile is on "+BNC/files/spfilebancst.ora" disk (the only entry in my pfile). I am new to ASM and have the following queries :

1). Say i want to change the parameter which would require the database to be bounced, how should i go about it with my asm and database instances. Do both need to be bounced ?

2). Also if i want to use a pfile only instead of a shared spfile, how should i go about it ?

3). If i want to check the physical location of the disk defined as +BNC by my ASM instance (for server space management), how can i do so?

Regards,
      Karan
        • 1. Re: Oracle 11g ASM Disk Locations
          Sunny kichloo
          Say i want to change the parameter which would require the database to be bounced, how should i go about it with my asm and database instances. Do both need to be bounced ?
          Only database bounce is require

Also if i want to use a pfile only instead of a shared spfile, how should i go about it ?
          Better to use SPFILE.

If i want to check the physical location of the disk defined as +BNC by my ASM instance (for server space management), how can i do so?
          Is this what you require

http://sanoralife.blogspot.in/2012/02/how-to-find-mapping-of-asm-disk-to.html

Also have a look in the reply of Levi Pereira in below mentioned thread.

Some ASM doubts