This discussion is archived
1 2 Previous Next 17 Replies Latest reply: Oct 31, 2012 8:01 AM by Nicolas.Gasparotto RSS

HRMS sign on page issue with PIA

967368 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi all.
I've installed Peoplesoft 9.1, PT8.52 (Oracle 11G 64 bit database) on windows 2008 server 64bit and an HRMS DEMO DB on a Virtual machine PSDEMOVM.
I also installed Oracle 11G client 32, and configured a PS client workstation on another virtual machine PSDEMOWS
I did all the steps and now, from the server machine, I entered PSADMIN and created a domain following all the configuration steps.
I installed PIA also, user PTWEBSERVER/PTWEBSERVER.
Auth_Token_Domain: companyname.com

I am not able to access the application.
PTWEBSERVER exists in the database and has the same 'encrypted' password as in 'configuration.properties' file.
No errors found in both appserv and webserv logs.
The login page http://psdemovm.[companyname].com:7180/psp/ps/?cmd=login&languageCd=ENG gives me the 'Internet explorer cannot display the webpage' error message.
I tried using: http://psdemovm:7180/ps/signon.html it shows an error message 'Your URL should contain .companyname.com' and redirects me to the URL mentioned above and with the same error message.

One more thing, I am able to access WebLogic Console page using http://psdemovm:7180/console.

What am I doing wrong? what should I check?

Best Regards and Thx,

Bechara
  • 1. Re: HRMS sign on page issue with PIA
    HakanBiroglu Oracle ACE
    This is probably due to your proxy setting in your browser or the hosts file reference.

http://psdemovm.[companyname].com:7180/psp/ps/?cmd=login&languageCd=ENG should have worked.
    http://psdemovm:7180/ps/signon.html will not work, since you supplied an authentication domain.

Make sure that your host file reflect your servername and ipaddress, something like:
    10.10.10.110 psdemovm.companyname.com

And try disable your proxy settings or adding an exception to avoid the url's starting with psdemovm.companyname.com
  • 2. Re: HRMS sign on page issue with PIA
    967368 Newbie
    Hakan Biroglu wrote:
    This is probably due to your proxy setting in your browser or the hosts file reference.

http://psdemovm.[companyname].com:7180/psp/ps/?cmd=login&languageCd=ENG should have worked.
    http://psdemovm:7180/ps/signon.html will not work, since you supplied an authentication domain.

Make sure that your host file reflect your servername and ipaddress, something like:

And try disable your proxy settings or adding an exception to avoid the url's starting with psdemovm.companyname.com
    >

And try disable your proxy settings or adding an exception to avoid the url's starting with psdemovm.companyname.com Hi.
    Thank you for your reply.
    It worked when trying to access using 'localhost' not the name of the machine.
    But it showed me the following error:

'CHECK APPSERVER LOGS. THE SITE BOOTED WITH INTERNAL DEFAULT SETTINGS, BECAUSE OF:
    bea.jolt.ApplicationException: TPESVCFAIL - application level service failure.'
    They say this error might be related to the PTWEBSERVER user, but nothing found yet.

And It didn't work when trying to access it from a different PC on the network using the machine name.

Update

I checked the following:
    "
    select * from PSCLASSDEFN where CLASSID = ‘PTPT1500′
    select * from PSAUTHSIGNON where CLASSID = ‘PTPT1500′
    select * from PSROLEDEFN where ROLENAME = ‘PeopleTools Web Server’
    select * from PSROLECLASS where ROLENAME = ‘PeopleTools Web Server’
    select * from PSOPRDEFN where OPRID = ‘PTWEBSERVER’
    select * from PSROLEUSER where ROLEUSER = ‘PTWEBSERVER’
    "
    And results are positive.

Each time I access the sign on page, while showing me that same error, the appserver log file inserts the following error:
    "
    PSAPPSRV.856 (609) [10/31/12 14:36:32 GetCertificate](3) PeopleSoft ID and Password authentication failed. Invalid password for user PTWEBSERVER@psdemovm.
    PSAPPSRV.856 (609) [10/31/12 14:36:32 GetCertificate](1) (NET.502): PTWEBSERVER@psdemovm is an Invalid User ID, or you typed the wrong password. User ID and Password are required and case-sensitive. Make sure you're typing in the correct upper and lower case.
    PSAPPSRV.856 (609) [10/31/12 14:36:32 GetCertificate](1) (NET.346): Failed to execute GetCertificate request
    PSAPPSRV.856 (610) [10/31/12 14:36:32 GetCertificate](3) PeopleSoft ID and Password authentication failed. Invalid password for user PTWEBSERVER@PSDEMOVM.
    PSAPPSRV.856 (610) [10/31/12 14:36:32 GetCertificate](1) (NET.502): PTWEBSERVER@PSDEMOVM is an Invalid User ID, or you typed the wrong password. User ID and Password are required and case-sensitive. Make sure you're typing in the correct upper and lower case.
    PSAPPSRV.856 (610) [10/31/12 14:36:32 GetCertificate](1) (NET.346): Failed to execute GetCertificate request
    "

Any suggestions?
    Thanks.

Edited by: Bechara D on Oct 31, 2012 2:39 PM
  • 3. Re: HRMS sign on page issue with PIA
    Nicolas.Gasparotto Oracle ACE
    Do you have a DNS server containing your domain name ? If not, try to put what Hakan said in your local machine hosts file (the client), on Windows, it is somewhere under Windows\system32\drivers\etc
    <ip_address> <webserser_name> <webserser_name.domain_name>

Nicolas.
  • 4. Re: HRMS sign on page issue with PIA
    You edited your previous post, have you double-check the configuration.properties file ?

Nicolas.
  • 5. Re: HRMS sign on page issue with PIA
    HakanBiroglu Oracle ACE
    >
    PTWEBSERVER exists in the database and has the same 'encrypted' password as in 'configuration.properties' file.
    >

When I check my database:
    SELECT OPRID, OPERPSWD FROM PSOPRDEFN WHERE OPRID = 'PTWEBSERVER'

it says the following

PTWEBSERVER
    JIc1o81xMUIO8jD7vIFAuPnya+o=

where as my configuration.properties say:

WebUserId={V1.1}JP9ukEkTssmYrzsK1yvXFg==
    ## qc="6", sd="Web Password", dt="e", ld="The User Password that the Portal uses to access the web profile"
    WebPassword={V1.1}JP9ukEkTssmYrzsK1yvXFg==

I would start by running the following in datamover:
    update PSOPRDEFN set OPERPSWD = OPRID, ENCRYPTED = 0 where OPRID = 'PTWEBSERVER';

encrypt_password PTWEBSERVER;
    After this open a command prompt and type
    ipconfig

Take this ip address and add it to your hosts file as mentioned in previous post.
    Have other machines also add this entry to their hosts file.

Regards,

Hakan
  • 6. Re: HRMS sign on page issue with PIA
    967368 Newbie
    Dear Hakan and Nicolas,

Thank you for your reply.

The proxy is already disabled.
    I thought we should have the same encryption in database and in configuration file so I thought that would be a problem. I reverted the password in the database to the old one (Like in Hakan's example).
    I added the --> IP <Computer Name>.<Company Name>.com to the HOSTS file.
    I deleted cache and restarted server.
    Now when I try to access the application, or even the WebLogic console, it is showing the following error:
    'Communication with REN Server failed (HTTP 403 Forbidden)
    No errors in both App server and Web server logs.
    What else should I check?

Thanks
  • 7. Re: HRMS sign on page issue with PIA
    Try to deactivate the REN in the apps configuration (padsmin menu).

Nicolas.
  • 8. Re: HRMS sign on page issue with PIA
    HakanBiroglu Oracle ACE
    For now start psadmin and configure your appserver with only the following options

*1) Pub/Sub Servers : Yes*
    2) Quick Server : No
    3) Query Servers : No
    *4) Jolt : Yes*
    5) Jolt Relay : No
    6) WSL : No
    7) PC Debugger : No
    8) Event Notification : No
    9) MCF Servers : No
    10) Perf Collator : No
    11) Analytic Servers : No
    12) Domains Gateway: No
  • 9. Re: HRMS sign on page issue with PIA
    967368 Newbie
    Dear Nicolas and Hakan,

I did as hakan said, and the sign on page showed without using localhost!
    But I got a new error message :/

"The site booted with internal default settings, because the webprofile was not found in Database"

I guess this is expected since I stopped the services right!
    What do you think my problem is?

Nicolas and Hakan thank you for your patience.
  • 10. Re: HRMS sign on page issue with PIA
    HakanBiroglu Oracle ACE
    What does your configuration.properties say for the WebProfile parameter?
    You can choose from below values:

# The pre-delivered profiles are: DEV, TEST, PROD, and KIOSK
    # DEV has standard developer options set
    # TEST has standard testing options set
    # PROD has standard production options set
    # KIOSK is like PROD but has additional settings relevant to KIOSK usage
    ## qc="4", sd="Web Profile", dt="dx", ld="The web profile is a named group of configuration property settings that the portal applies throughout your PeopleSoft system to control all portal-related behavior.", tip="This may be set to DEV, TEST, PROD or KIOSK. Additional web profiles may be delivered and created for your application"
    ## option(va = DEV, sd="Standard developer option set")
    ## option(va = TEST, sd="Standard testing option set")
    ## option(va = PROD, sd="Standard production option set")
    ## option(va = KIOSK, sd="Similar to Production but has Kiosk option set")
    WebProfile=PROD
  • 11. Re: HRMS sign on page issue with PIA
    967368 Newbie
    I've set it as DEMO. (WebProfile=DEMO)
    I thought I read that I can set it from the predefined WebProfiles or I can choose a new one, no?
  • 12. Re: HRMS sign on page issue with PIA
    HakanBiroglu Oracle ACE
    adjust your configuration.properties with one off these values : DEV, TEST, PROD, and KIOSK
  • 13. Re: HRMS sign on page issue with PIA
    967368 Newbie
    Which one do you suggest for a demo database?
  • 14. Re: HRMS sign on page issue with PIA
    HakanBiroglu Oracle ACE
    default during installation PROD is prompted.

For Sandboxes/Demo is usually use DEV.
    This give you for example the ability to use CTRL+J to see the current component information and other debug information.
1 2 Previous Next

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points