This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: Nov 1, 2012 1:46 AM by mce RSS

install em 12c OUI restarting does not occur

mce Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
When installing EM12c 12.1.0.2, one can choose to Skip or check for updates. With the proxy in place, and working, the OUI connects to some oracle update server.
The install detected patch 14145094, a so called AUTO UPDATES PLACE HOLDER BUG.

Question 1: this patch looks like nothing, so what does it do?

Once detected i did "Next" and the prompt shows the following

+$ Restarting the installer...+

Preparing for restart...

Wait while OUI is restarted...

The OUI did NOT restart, so i skipped this step.

Question 2: Why doesn't the OUI restart?

Hopefully someone has experenced this before

(install on Linux RHEL 6.3)
  • 1. Re: install em 12c OUI restarting does not occur
    Akanksha Sheoran Kaler Pro
    As the description says its just a place holder patch and does nothing. Installer checks metadata of this bug to identify if any updates are available.
  • 2. Re: install em 12c OUI restarting does not occur
    Akanksha Sheoran Kaler Pro
    The Auto update feature in the EM Installer connects to the My Oracle Support (MOS) server to download the patch 4145094 ( this patch number was different was em 11g ) . This patch consists of a file called patch.xml which the installer
    parses and creates a directory called “updates” to download all the updates. This directory has the following sub-directories: agent, oms and metadata

For 11g EM we had detailed explanation on how auto update works so look at it for more details MOS note: Overview of the "Auto Update" Feature Available with the Grid Control 11.1.0.1 Installer [ID 1099123.1

I will get this description in 12c install guide appendix as well.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           
  • 3. Re: install em 12c OUI restarting does not occur
    mce Newbie
    ok thanks for the info about the patch.

But why is my OUI not restarting. Or do I have to wait? Is there some download happening.
  • 4. Re: install em 12c OUI restarting does not occur
    mce Newbie
    found the solution

logging:

Checking monitor: must be configured to display at least 256 colors    Failed <<<<
    +>>> Could not execute auto check for display colors using command /usr/bin/xdpyinfo. Check if the DISPLAY variable is set.+

Some requirement checks failed. You must fulfill these requirements before

+continuing with the installation,Continue? (y/n) [n]+

because the prereq. are not good, the restart is expecting Y/N. And the restart is silent.

i installed Xdpyinfo package, and the restart went ok now.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points