0 Replies Latest reply: Oct 31, 2012 9:47 AM by Cameron-TheOttawaHospital RSS

OBIEE - Calculated Measure and Row values.

Cameron-TheOttawaHospital
      Date Dimension = Dim Date
      Location Dimension = Dim Unit
      Fact Table = Fact Unit Svc Capacity

The image linked below illustrates my problem.

Combined screenshots

The top screenshot is from MS Excel and shows the expected data for May 2012. Columns: Civic Campus, Nursing Units(A1, A2 and A3), Average Daily Bed Quota and Monthly Bed Quota. Average Daily Bed Quota is derived from two columns: Bed Quota / Days of the Month. Monthly Bed Quota is derived from Bed Quota(with SUM aggregation). The calculated values shown are correct.

The second, third and fourth screenshots are from OBIEE Analytics for the same time index. Columns: Year(2012), Month(May), Campus(C), Nursing Unit(A1, A2 and A3), Average Daily Bed Quota and Monthly Bed Quota. The calculated values here should match the values in the Excel screenshot. Only the A1 Nursing Unit values match.

The fifth and final screenshot is from OBIEE Analytics for the same time index. The Days of Month column was added to the Compound Layout. In this screenshot, the Average Daily Bed Quota is being calculated correctly for each unit.

The Average Daily Bed Quota expression is only calculating Nursing Unit A1 correctly. I tried modifying the expression for my Days of Month logical column. In the alternate view, with Days of Month column, I can see the desired, calculated values. I'm not certain what is causing the error.

Edited by: 968521 on Oct 31, 2012 7:44 AM

Edited by: 968521 on Oct 31, 2012 7:46 AM