3 Replies Latest reply: Nov 2, 2012 8:09 AM by user5636757 RSS

user profile (user information) in webcenter portal application

user5636757
      I know that UUP (unified user profile) is not there in webcenter. How to access user profile (user information) in webcenter portal application in a standard way?
      One custom option could be using LDAP API... but I am looking for some recommended way.

Thanks.
        • 1. Re: user profile (user information) in webcenter portal application
          Imran Mirza
          In custom WebCenter portal, following three taskflows are available as OOTB:-

1. Profile (Exposes a user's profile details, such as a user's email address, phone number, office location, department, manager, direct reports, and so on.)
          2. Profile - Snapshot (Exposes any personal image a user may have uploaded and provides a means of publishing messages, files, and links to a selected audience)
          3. Profile Gallery (Provides a summary view of each People Connections task flow. For example, it includes Activity Stream - Quick View, Connections - Quick View, and so on)

Reference: http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E23549_01/webcenter.1111/e10148/jpsdg_people.htm#BABBHHHE

If your requirements are not fulfilling with these taskflows then you have two options:-

a. Customize (Add/remove attributes or change the layout) these taskflows according to your requirements (Recommended)
          b. If you need something that is entirely different then go for custom taskflows using LDAP API

Regards,
          Imran
          • 2. Re: user profile (user information) in webcenter portal application
            user5636757
            Imran Mirza wrote:
            In custom WebCenter portal, following three taskflows are available as OOTB:-

1. Profile (Exposes a user's profile details, such as a user's email address, phone number, office location, department, manager, direct reports, and so on.)
            2. Profile - Snapshot (Exposes any personal image a user may have uploaded and provides a means of publishing messages, files, and links to a selected audience)
            3. Profile Gallery (Provides a summary view of each People Connections task flow. For example, it includes Activity Stream - Quick View, Connections - Quick View, and so on)

Reference: http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E23549_01/webcenter.1111/e10148/jpsdg_people.htm#BABBHHHE

If your requirements are not fulfilling with these taskflows then you have two options:-

a. Customize (Add/remove attributes or change the layout) these taskflows according to your requirements (Recommended)
            b. If you need something that is entirely different then go for custom taskflows using LDAP API

Regards,
            Imran
            Thanks Imran. It was helpful to know this.
            However my requirement is bit different and I don't need show profile page to end users... In fact, I'll not have web center services in my web center portal...

I have some custom functionality in my web center portal application - like consuming a web service and displaying it's data in adf table... I need user profile information to filter this data, for example, if user's age is less than 20 then hide some of the columns or rows of table - something like that...
            • 3. Re: user profile (user information) in webcenter portal application
              user5636757
              To get logged in user's userid, we use adf.context.securityContext.userName
              Any OOTB class which is preloaded with standard LDAP user attributes, which I can extend and add more attributes (specific to my application) and then it's instantiated when user logs in and I can use it for entire session...

Hope I was clear!

Edited by: user5636757 on Nov 2, 2012 6:08 AM