This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Nov 1, 2012 12:44 PM by 963664 RSS

Document Generation (PDF)

963664 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
I am creating POC to generate a PDF at the end of investigation (on summary page). I was able to run the examples to see the report, but for me create on from scratch - Where can i download BI plugin for word ?

Also, My OPA project will deployed on JBoss server. can we expect Document Generation server support on JBoss server soon or do we need to go with custom Java code?

Thanks in advance.
  • 1. Re: Document Generation (PDF)
    Jasmine Lee Expert
    You can download BI Publisher Desktop from here: http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/middleware/bi-publisher/downloads/index.html

Look for Oracle BI Publisher Desktop 11.1.1.5.0 for Windows (188 MB)

Important notes:
    * You do not need full BI Publisher, just BI Publisher Desktop*
    * Make sure to get version 11.1.1.5.0, not version 11.1.1.6.0. There is a known issue in Oracle BI Publisher Desktop 11.1.1.6.0 which affects XML schema loading.

As for your other query, I'm afraid I don't know the answer. Hopefully someone else can comment on your JBoss server question.

Cheers,
    Jasmine
  • 2. Re: Document Generation (PDF)
    963664 Newbie
    Thank you Jasmine for pointing me to the right s/w.

I hope JBoss support is in short future, that will help reduce lot of custom code effort from my end.
  • 3. Re: Document Generation (PDF)
    963664 Newbie
    How can I show HTML content in the report; Some of my attribute(s) has HTML tag's.

Also, can I add static PDF's (merging static PDF to the dynamic report) to the final report ?

Edited by: 960661 on Nov 1, 2012 12:43 PM

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points