2 Replies Latest reply: Nov 14, 2012 1:55 PM by BikashBagaria RSS

OIM Request Dataset Attribute Reference Config

nickd
      I have a request dataset where users select 2 entitlements, Business Unit and Role. I would like to make the selections available for Roles dependent upon the selection made for Business Unit. I am having difficulty doing this because they are both child attributes (Business Unit and Role are not on the process form, they are multivalued child data that are selected as entitlements). Here is an watered-down example of what I have in the dataset...

<!-- Child Form Data -->
      <AttributeReference name="Business Unit" attr-ref="UD_BU" type="String" length="100" widget="text" available-in-bulk="true">
           <AttributeReference name="BU" attr-ref="BU" type="String" length="100" widget="lookup-query" available-in-bulk="true" entitlement="true" required="true" primary="false">
                <lookupQuery lookup-query="select lkv_encoded as VALUE, lkv_decoded as DESCRIPTION from lkv lkv, lku lku where lkv.lku_key=lku.lku_key and lku_type_string_key='Lookup.BusinessUnits'" display-field="DESCRIPTION" save-field="VALUE"/>
           </AttributeReference>
      </AttributeReference>

<AttributeReference name="Role" attr-ref="UD_ROLE" type="String" length="200" widget="text" available-in-bulk="true">
           <AttributeReference name="Role Name" attr-ref="Role Name" type="String" length="200" widget="lookup-query" available-in-bulk="true" entitlement="true" required="true" primary="true">
                <lookupQuery lookup-query="select lkv_encoded as VALUE, lkv_decoded as DESCRIPTION from lkv lkv, lku lku where lkv.lku_key=lku.lku_key and lku_type_string_key='Lookup.Roles' and substr(lkv.encoded,0,1) = '$Form data.BU'" display-field="DESCRIPTION" save-field="VALUE"/>
           </AttributeReference>
      </AttributeReference>

For reference, here are examples for Lookup values (code key-decode)

Business Units
      1-Management
      2-Non Management

Roles
      1A-x
      1B-y
      2A-x
      2B=z

So, if Management (1) was selected for the Business Unit attribute, the only Roles that would show as possible choices would be x and y. Any suggestions?

Thanks.