This discussion is archived
1 Reply Latest reply: Nov 6, 2012 10:05 AM by cawli2 RSS

apex_al is not correctly configured, error: ORA-01017

cawli2 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
I am using ApEx Listener 2.0 EA with Glassfish 3.1.2 and ApEx 4.2. ApEx itself works fine, but I want to use the SQL Developer 3.2.10.09 to administer the listener.
I created the APEX_REST_PUBLIC_USER and APEX_LISTENER users in the database (11.2.0.3) prior to configuring the listener. Passwords all the same.
Administration user "adminlistener" configured as per the documentation using the same password.

But when I try to connect to the listener from SQLDeveloper I get this error (detail logging turned on in the default.xml):

The pool named: apex_al is not correctly configured, error: ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied ConnectionPoolException [error=BAD_CONFIGURATION]

I'm stumped. Any suggestions?

Wayne Linton

Edited by: cawli2 on Oct 31, 2012 11:17 PM

I have just installed SQL Developer 3.2.2 (3.2.20.09.87) and tried this again. I encounter the same error.
  • 1. Re: apex_al is not correctly configured, error: ORA-01017
    cawli2 Newbie
    Currently Being Moderated
    This would appear to be due to a couple of issues:
    1) I did not follow the ApEx 4.2 installation instructions regarding APEX_REST_PUBLIC_USER and APEX_LISTENER installation. Although I've installed ApEx a hundred times, lesson learned, RTFM.
    2) I was using a Glassfish installation from when it was configured for a version 1 listener, so it was set up to use security users in the server realm. I removed these and unchecked "Default Principal to Role Mapping"
    3) I removed and then redeployed apex.war and i.war
    4) for good measure I reinstalled the adminlistener user

I can now connect to the ApEx listener via SQLDev. I am getting some error message re: UTF-8, as is another user in the forum, but it appears to be informational and is not preventing up/dowload of configuration.

Wayne Linton

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points