This discussion is archived
5 Replies Latest reply: Nov 9, 2012 9:03 AM by Vishal_EM_assist RSS

Exception Management in OEM 12c Cloud Control

Roshni Shankar Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi All,

It is mentioned in the Oracle Documents that Exception Management is a part of Business Transaction Management feature which can ne achieved by enabling SOA management pack EE on the target which in turn provides transaction alerting and searching to locate exceptions and errors in transactions that span multiple application components.

But then can any one please tell me how can I achieve this? That means what all configuration (other than soa management packEE) is required for this exception management and how can I do this OEM . I am not able to find a good document which explain the exception management in OEM 12c cloud control.

Please help!!

Thanks in Advance!!
  • 1. Re: Exception Management in OEM 12c Cloud Control
    Vishal_EM_assist Explorer
    Business transaction Management 12c (BTM)is licensed with SOA Manangement pack Enterprise Edition along with WLS Mgmt Pack and management pack for non-oracle middleware. So, if you have SOA Mgmt Pack EE, then you are already licensed for BTM 12c.

You need to download BTM12c (http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/oem/downloads/btw-downloads-207704.html) and then you need to install it (http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E24628_01/install.121/e37016/toc.htm) . Once the installation is complete, you will need to send traffic through your managed targets, where you would have already deployed the BTM observers (Ref. installation guide). Once traffic will be sent, your services will get discovered and then you will need to create transactions (http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E24628_01/doc.121/e37014/transactions.htm#sthref186) that you may wanna monitor. As part of the transaction creation, you can enable logging on the transaction and once that's done, you will be able to search and manage exceptions by monitoring your transactions.

Edited by: EM_SOA_assist on Nov 2, 2012 12:16 AM

Edited by: EM_SOA_assist on Nov 2, 2012 12:17 AM
  • 2. Re: Exception Management in OEM 12c Cloud Control
    Roshni Shankar Newbie
    Hi ,

Thanks.. I want to ask one more thing. When we install OEM 12c Cloud Control we get some management packs by default. Like when I installed OEM 12c Cloud Control I got SOA management pack EE by default and I enabled that pack on my SOA infrastructure target. But there was an information on the pack access page that..
    "Enterprise Manager provides central management for your entire Oracle environment. Some premium functionality contained within this release of Enterprise Manager requires a separate Oracle license. Use target based access to enable or disable access for each target or use pack based batch update to enable or disable selected packs for all targets associated with the specified target type."

Does BTM falls under this category of premium functionality? How would I understand what all are the premium functionality ?
  • 3. Re: Exception Management in OEM 12c Cloud Control
    I recommend you work with your account manager from Oracle. SOA MP EE doesn't come by default. You must license it.
  • 4. Re: Exception Management in OEM 12c Cloud Control
    kp chong Newbie
    I Have the same doubt but how will the BTM to be licensed? It's base on the targeted BTM Observers or the BTM servers. Even some of the oracle guys get confused hrmmmm
  • 5. Re: Exception Management in OEM 12c Cloud Control
    BTM is licensed as part of any of the following management packs:

1) WebLogic Management Pack Enterprise Edition
    2) SOA Management Pack Enterprise Edition
    3) Management Pack for non-Oracle Middleware

If you are licensed one or more of the above mentioned packs, then you are licensed to use BTM.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points