6 Replies Latest reply: Nov 3, 2012 12:56 PM by David Last-Oracle RSS

Updating PL/SQL in physical models

ScottK
      In SDDM 3.1.2, I have a model of structured types with methods in the Data Types Model. On the Data types diagram, I modify the code in the method body. These changes are not reflected in the corresponding physical models structured types method body. The two ways I can get the changes from the Data Types model to the physical are to either drop and recreate the physical model or hand code (cut and paste) the method body to the physical model. When I drop and recreate the physical model, I have to reset the drop boxes for the constructor methods for the parameter of SELF from In, Copy to IN-OUT No Copy.

It looks like this is a waterfall approach for migrating code from one phase of the development cycle to the next. Is this the intent of the SDDM design team or a feature with this version? Would if be possible to have the method body code in the physical model kept in sync with the Data Types model method body code until a flag is set after which those two lines then begin to diverge?

ScottK