14 Replies Latest reply: Nov 20, 2012 2:43 PM by 1freelesson RSS

DAC 10.1.3.4.1 unable to connect to repo after Informatica upgrade to 910

1freelesson
      All -

We have been running Informatica 8.6.1 and DAC 10.1.3.4.1. Per Client demand, we have upgraded to Informatica 9.1.0 HF2 on our AIX 64-bit Unix machine. After Successful Server and Client installs of Infa 910 HF2, we are able to connect to Informatica repository and view our WF's, etc... However, when trying to establish a connection to the Informatica Repository from DAC, we get the following error message...

Failure connecting to "PowerCenter"!

ANOMALY INFO::: Error while connecting to informatica repository server
      pmrep Connect Error

=====================================
      STD OUTPUT

Informatica(r) PMREP, version [8.6.1 HotFix11], build [457.0504], AIX 64-bit
      Copyright (c) Informatica Corporation 1994 - 2010
      All Rights Reserved.
      This Software may be protected by U.S. Patent Numbers 6,208,990; 6,044,374; 6,014,670; 6,032,158; 5,794,246; 6,339,775; 6,850,947; 6,895,471; 7,254,590 and other U.S. Patents Pending.

Invoked at Thu Nov 01 11:56:19 2012

[[REP_12371] The repository version is incompatible with this release of the product. (The Repository version is 181 while the product expects 179). A product upgrade is required.]
      [Failed to connect to repository service [PowerCenter].]
      An error occurred while accessing the repository[Failed to connect to repository service [PowerCenter].]
      [11/01/2012 11:56:19-[REP_55102] Failed to connect to repository service [PowerCenter].]
      Repository connection failed.
      Failed to execute connect.

Completed at Thu Nov 01 11:56:19 2012

ERROR OUTPUT

EXCEPTION CLASS::: com.siebel.analytics.etl.infa.interaction.PmrepConnectException

com.siebel.analytics.etl.infa.interaction.PmrepInvoker.pmrep(PmrepInvoker.java:102)
      com.siebel.etl.gui.data.StaticDatabaseCalls.testRepositoryServer(StaticDatabaseCalls.java:953)
      com.siebel.etl.gui.data.StaticDatabaseCalls.testInformaticaServer(StaticDatabaseCalls.java:884)
      com.siebel.etl.net.ExecutionPlan.getInformaticaStatus(ExecutionPlan.java:275)
      com.siebel.etl.net.ClientMessageDispatcher$WorkerThread.mBeanRequestInformaticaStatus(ClientMessageDispatcher.java:393)
      com.siebel.etl.net.ClientMessageDispatcher$WorkerThread.consoleMessage(ClientMessageDispatcher.java:231)
      com.siebel.etl.net.ClientMessageDispatcher$WorkerThread.run(ClientMessageDispatcher.java:147)

The integration Service Test connects properly, but having an issue with repository. You can note the Informatica version that is returned for PMREP is 8.6.1.

Any advice here? I have followed all instructions on Upgrading the Informatica domain services, the repository upgrade, and then client upgrade.

I have also updated all environment variables to point to 9.1.0 directories instead of 8.6.1.
        • 1. Re: DAC 10.1.3.4.1 unable to connect to repo after Informatica upgrade to 910
          Srini VEERAVALLI
          Make sure you have server\bin in OS path and exported as environment variable
          Once you have it using command type pmrep or pmcmd and see what you get.

Just incase make sure you are using right info to connect from dac.

Edited by: veeravalli on Nov 1, 2012 2:04 PM
          • 2. Re: DAC 10.1.3.4.1 unable to connect to repo after Informatica upgrade to 910
            1freelesson
            Hello,

Thanks for the quick reply. Some more background information. The Informatica 9.1.0 HF2 is installed on the Unix Server. The client is installed on a windows machine. The DAC client is also installed on a Windows Machine. I didn't upgrade DAC in any way, I was just hoping that we would be able to reconfigure connections and it should be fine.

Now -

the PATH system variable on the client (windows) is defined as Informatica\PowerCenter9.1.0\server\bin.
            the PATH environment variable on the server (UNIX) is also defined as Informatica/PowerCenter9.1.0/server/bin.

Not sure what you meant by 'exported as environment variable.'

I have tried typing pmrep and pmcmd in command line and it returns the 8.6.1 information for both. Which definitely isn't right.

I've ensured the connection information through DAC is correct. I've used every variance I could think of, and they all return the same error message.
            • 3. Re: DAC 10.1.3.4.1 unable to connect to repo after Informatica upgrade to 910
              Srini VEERAVALLI
              Why you see 8.6.1 info? looks like DAC is looking for version 9.0.1 integration service and its getting 8.6.1 int service.
              Unset 861 from path and make available only 901

you should see as below

Informatica(r) PMREP, version [9.0.1 HotFix2], build [242.1110], Windows 64-bit
              All Rights Reserved.

I was talking about .profile file something like

export INFA_DOMAINS_FILE=/u01/app/oracle/Informatica/PowerCenter9.0.1/domains.infa
              export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$INFA_HOME/server/bin:

Try to connect to the repository using pmcmd and then use pingservice

Edited by: veeravalli on Nov 1, 2012 2:54 PM
              • 4. Re: DAC 10.1.3.4.1 unable to connect to repo after Informatica upgrade to 910
                1freelesson
                I have replaced all 8.6.1 references in the Environment variables with 9.1.0. (this is Informatica 9.1.0, by the way. We went straight from 8.6.1 to 9.1.0).

I ran pmrep and pmcmd :

[lfx007qpa]/apps/OracleBI/DAC# pmrep

Informatica(r) PMREP, version [8.6.1 HotFix11], build [457.0504], AIX 64-bit
                All Rights Reserved.
                This Software may be protected by U.S. Patent Numbers 6,208,990; 6,044,374; 6,014,670; 6,032,158; 5,794,246; 6,339,775; 6,850,947; 6,895,471; 7,254,590 and other U.S. Patents Pending.

Invoked at Thu Nov 01 13:41:32 2012

pmrep>exit
                [lfx007qpa]/apps/OracleBI/DAC# pmcmd

Informatica(r) PMCMD, version [8.6.1 HotFix11], build [457.0504], AIX 64-bit
                All Rights Reserved.

And it still pointes to 8.6.1. I did make a change to .profile and added LD_LIBRARY_PATH as you have directed. I restarted both DAC and INFA Services and still see the 8.6.1 version listed.

Does the server need a reboot after the install?

Any other ideas? So far, these are really good ideas, but just not quite the issue.

Thank you,
                Seth
                • 5. Re: DAC 10.1.3.4.1 unable to connect to repo after Informatica upgrade to 910
                  Srini VEERAVALLI
                  Stop the service for 861 restart the box and start the 901 server
                  and try the pmcmd command

Is Informatica\9.0.1\server\ your new folder structure

Edited by: veeravalli on Nov 1, 2012 3:57 PM
                  • 6. Re: DAC 10.1.3.4.1 unable to connect to repo after Informatica upgrade to 910
                    1freelesson
                    The 861 services were stopped before the server upgrade (which happened yesterday). I've stopped and restarted the services a number of times today just trying different things. I haven't had a reboot of the server yet though. I'm running that by my server admins right now.

The directory in Unix is:

/apps/Informatica/PowerCenter9.1.0/server/
                    • 7. Re: DAC 10.1.3.4.1 unable to connect to repo after Informatica upgrade to 910
                      1freelesson
                      I found the stem of my problems... Which is the Environment Variables. I found a few that were lingering as 'PowerCenter8.6.1' so I set new ones accordingly. I have set INFA_HOME, however, I'm getting the following error when running 'pmcmd.' Any thoughts on where I need to make additional changes for INFA_HOME?

[lfx007qpa]/apps/Informatica/PowerCenter9.1.0/server/tomcat/bin# pmcmd

FATAL ERROR during initialization:
                      Error initializing /apps/Informatica/PowerCenter9.1.0/server/pmlocale.bin. Make sure the environment variable INFA_HOME is defined and set to where Informatica products are installed.
                      Application terminated.
                      • 8. Re: DAC 10.1.3.4.1 unable to connect to repo after Informatica upgrade to 910
                        Srini VEERAVALLI
                        Looks like environment variables are not set properly.
                        Since you have Informatica 861 why don't you search for all files with older version and replace with new version name.

Share your updates.
                        • 9. Re: DAC 10.1.3.4.1 unable to connect to repo after Informatica upgrade to 910
                          1freelesson
                          Good Morning,

On Friday I worked through all of the Environment Variables and different files that export variables (dac_env.sh, ./profile, etc...). After setting the variables appropriately, I am now able to test connect to the repository successfully. I'm also able to run pmcmd and pmrep and return the Informatica 9.1.0 HF2 details. However, the Integration Service test Connect fails with the following Error:
                          Failure connecting to "PowerCenter_Integration"!

STD OUTPUT

Informatica(r) PMCMD, version [9.1.0 HotFix2], build [357.0902], AIX 64-bit
                          Copyright (c) Informatica Corporation 1994 - 2011
                          All Rights Reserved.

Invoked at Mon Nov 05 09:57:15 2012

The command: [pingserver] is deprecated. Please use the command [pingservice] in the future.
                          WARNING: Lost server connection.

ERROR: Cannot connect to Integration Service [PowerCenter_Integration:4006].

Completed at Mon Nov 05 09:57:15 2012

ERROR OUTPUT

I have set the custom ServerPort = 4006, and am using that in my configurations. It must still be an environment variable issue. Below is a list of my environment variables that are important to the DAC and Informatica applications on the IBM AIX 64-bit machine:

INFA_DOMAINS_FILE=/apps/Informatica/PowerCenter9.1.0/domains.infa
                          INFA_HOME=/apps/Informatica/PowerCenter9.1.0
                          INFORMATICA_SERVER_LOCATION=/apps/Informatica/PowerCenter9.1.0/server
                          PATH=/apps/oracle/oraclehomes/10.2.0/bin:/apps/oracle/oraclehomes/10.2.0/lib:/usr/java6_64:/usr/java6_64/jre/bin/:/usr/bin:/etc:/usr/sbin:/usr/ucb:/home/snlmgr/bin:/usr/bin/X11:/sbin:.:/apps/Informatica/PowerCenter9.1.0/server/bin:/apps/Informatica/PowerCenter9.1.0/server:.
                          PM_HOME=/apps/Informatica/PowerCenter9.1.0/server/bin
                          LIBPATH=/apps/oracle/oraclehomes/10.2.0/lib:/apps/Informatica/PowerCenter9.1.0/server/bin:
                          DAC_HOME=/apps/OracleBI/DAC
                          DAC_PMCMD_PATH=/apps/Informatica/PowerCenter9.1.0/server/bin
                          DOMAINS_INFA_FILE_LOCATION=/apps/Informatica/PowerCenter9.1.0/domains.infa

Have you seen this error before and do you have any advice...
                          • 10. Re: DAC 10.1.3.4.1 unable to connect to repo after Informatica upgrade to 910
                            Srini VEERAVALLI
                            No need to export these environment variables in profile file?
                            export INFA_DOMAINS_FILE=/apps/Informatica/PowerCenter9.1.0/domains.infa
                            export INFA_HOME=/apps/Informatica/PowerCenter9.1.0
                            • 11. Re: DAC 10.1.3.4.1 unable to connect to repo after Informatica upgrade to 910
                              1freelesson
                              Of those, the only ones in .profile are:

. /apps/OracleBI/DAC/dac_env.sh
                              export LIBPATH=/apps/oracle/oraclehomes/10.2.0/lib:/apps/Informatica/PowerCenter9.1.0/server/bin:

Within dac_env.sh are:

DAC_PMCMD_PATH=/apps/Informatica/PowerCenter9.1.0/server/bin
                              export LIBPATH=/apps/oracle/oraclehomes/10.2.0/lib:/apps/Informatica/PowerCenter9.1.0/server/bin:.

INFORMATICA_SERVER_LOCATION=/apps/Informatica/PowerCenter9.1.0/server
                              DOMAINS_INFA_FILE_LOCATION=/apps/Informatica/PowerCenter9.1.0/domains.infa

export PATH=${PATH}:/apps/Informatica/PowerCenter9.1.0/server/bin:/apps/Informatica/PowerCenter9.1.0/server:.
                              export PM_HOME=/apps/Informatica/PowerCenter9.1.0/server/bin
                              export DAC_HOME=/apps/OracleBI/DAC

Do you think I should remove INFA_HOME from .profile? how do the dac_env.sh entries look?

Thanks again,
                              Seth
                              • 12. Re: DAC 10.1.3.4.1 unable to connect to repo after Informatica upgrade to 910
                                Srini VEERAVALLI
                                I was asking you to set the unix box .profile file what is the need of dac_env.sh of DAC?
                                Make sure you have these .profile and try to set values for ?

export ORACLE_HOME=?
                                export LANG=C
                                export NLS_LANG=?
                                export JAVA_HOME=?
                                export TNS_ADMIN=?
                                export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$INFA_HOME/server/bin:$ORACLE_HOME/lib
                                export PATH=$JAVA_HOME:$PATH:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:$ORACLE_HOME/bin

If you have any doubts send me a email

Appreciate if you mark on helped suggestion ;)
                                • 14. Re: DAC 10.1.3.4.1 unable to connect to repo after Informatica upgrade to 910
                                  1freelesson
                                  After moving into my QA/test environment and completing the upgrade. I discovered one of my issues with the environment variables that I was fighting in DEV. After making any adjustments to the .profile and dac_env.sh... I never exited my 'putty' Unix Command line session. In QA - after I made an adjustment to these environment variable files, I exited out of my command line session and logged back in... ran my 'set' command and the environment variables had reset to match the new files.