1 Reply Latest reply: Nov 2, 2012 1:53 AM by kuljeet singh - RSS

How to import two single instance databases to Oracle 11gR2 RAC

User305774
      We need to import two legacy databases that use ASM but are single instance with 10.2 and 11.1.0.7 versions to a two node Oracle 11gR2 (11.2.0.3) RAC and ASM environment on Oracle Linux 5.5.
      Issue is how to do this from two database export dump files? RAC uses one shared database. Can I use the data pump import command to import the two Oracle database dmp files to RAC? How would I do this without knowing the schema/database structures of the two legacy Oracle databases?
        • 1. Re: How to import two single instance databases to Oracle 11gR2 RAC
          kuljeet singh -
          875554 wrote:
          We need to import two legacy databases that use ASM but are single instance with 10.2 and 11.1.0.7 versions to a two node Oracle 11gR2 (11.2.0.3) RAC and ASM environment on Oracle Linux 5.5.
          Issue is how to do this from two database export dump files? RAC uses one shared database. Can I use the data pump import command to import the two Oracle database dmp files to RAC? How would I do this without knowing the schema/database structures of the two legacy Oracle databases?
          create tablespace before import if structure is different
          or use
          REMAP_DATAFILE Redefine datafile references in all DDL statements.
          and perform import one by one from these dmp files.

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/B19306_01/server.102/b14215/dp_import.htm