This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Nov 3, 2012 2:48 AM by 972092 RSS

Custom drop-in iconsfor DMG background for application packaging on MacOSX

972092 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,
I'm having trouble adding custom icons for DMG Background for a self-contained package built on MacOSX.I have added a package in the root directory of my project.
The custom icon is getting loaded from it,but the DMG background icon isn't.
I am using Java fx 2.2.3 and jdk1.7.0_09.
Here is the verbose output generated for the same.

Detected JavaFX Ant API version 1.2
Launching <fx:jar> task from /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.7.0_09.jdk/Contents/Home/lib/ant-javafx.jar
Launching <fx:deploy> task from /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.7.0_09.jdk/Contents/Home/lib/ant-javafx.jar
Copying 102 files to /Users/apple/NetBeansProjects/JavaFXApplication2/dist
Using base JDK at: /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.7.0_09.jdk
Using default package resource [Bundle config file] (add package/macosx/Info.plist to the class path to customize)
Using custom package resource [icon] (loaded from file /Users/apple/NetBeansProjects/JavaFXApplication2/package/macosx/javaFXApplication2.icns)
Creating app bundle: /Users/apple/NetBeansProjects/JavaFXApplication2/dist/bundles/JavaFXApplication2.app
Config files are saved to /var/folders/vd/nyxf14z53tx56g2_lbqcnfrr0000gn/T/build1722966263281326253.fxbundler/macosx. Use them to customize package.
Building DMG package for JavaFXApplication2
Using default package resource [Bundle config file] (add package/macosx/Info.plist to the class path to customize)
Using custom package resource [icon] (loaded from file /Users/apple/NetBeansProjects/JavaFXApplication2/package/macosx/javaFXApplication2.icns)
Config files are saved to /var/folders/vd/nyxf14z53tx56g2_lbqcnfrr0000gn/T/build1722966263281326253.fxbundler/macosx. Use them to customize package.
Using default package resource [dmg background] (add package/macosx/JavaFXApplication2-background.png to the class path to customize)
Using custom package resource [volume icon] (loaded from file /Users/apple/NetBeansProjects/JavaFXApplication2/package/macosx/javaFXApplication2.icns)
Using default package resource [script to run after application image is populated] (add package/macosx/JavaFXApplication2-post-image.sh to the class path to customize)
Using default package resource [DMG setup script] (add package/macosx/JavaFXApplication2-dmg-setup.scpt to the class path to customize)
Result DMG installer for JavaFXApplication2: /Users/apple/NetBeansProjects/JavaFXApplication2/dist/bundles/JavaFXApplication2.dmg

As you can see,the icon gets loaded from the package but the dmg background file isn't,eventhough I have added that file in the same directory as well.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points