This content has been marked as final. Show 7 replies
Pl post the patch number for "patch 10"
Oracle Database, Networking and Grid Agent Patches for Microsoft Platforms [ID 161549.1]
I am assuming you are in the process of only installing the 18.104.22.168 software - if so, the catwinbundle.sql script will need to be run after the upgrade to 22.214.171.124 is completed.
To clarify, patch 14543814 is what I meant by "Patch 10".
You are correct, I have installed the software for 11g. Remaining steps to do are:
- Update Oracle Instant Client Software
- Copy the SQL*Net files from the Oracle 10g home to the Oracle 11g home
- Change the environment variables to point to Oracle 11g ORACLE_HOME and PATH
- Upgrade the Database using DBUA
Are you saying that I should run catwinbundle.sql after completing the above steps? If not, after which step?
Thanks for your reply!
It worked! catwinbundle.sql ran without problems. Thank you much Srini!
So to summarize:
Upgrade scenario: 10.2.0.4 to 126.96.36.199 patch 10 on Windows 2008
1. Install Oracle 11g software
2. Perform patching steps "opatch apply" and "opatch napply" as well as run the script utlrp.sql (do not run catwinbundle.sql here)
3. Upgrade Oracle Instant Client Software
4. Copy and adapt SQL*Net files
5. Prepare system for DBUA upgrade (remove ORACLE_HOME and TNS_ADMIN variables)
6. Perform upgrade using Database Upgrade Assistant
7. Run post-upgrade scripts (post_upgrade_tasks.sql, upgrade_tstz.sql, set_compatible.sql, post_upgrade_status.sql)
8. Run catwinbundle.sql from patch directory
9. Remaining post-upgrade steps