We have Oracle 10.2.0.4 installed on a Windows 2008 system and are trying to upgrade to Oracle 184.108.40.206. So far we have installed the Oracle 11 software to E:\oracle\<DBSID>\11203 and have run "opatch apply" to apply patch 10 to the software. Per the read me file, our next step is to run catwinbundle.sql. However, we get the following result in sqlplus:
PL/SQL procedure successfully completed.
SP2-0310: unable to open file "E:\oracle\<DBSID>\102\rdbms\admin\catbundle.sql"
In our command prompt (run in elevated mode), we have run the command "set ORACLE_HOME=E:\oracle\<DBSID>\11203". However, we have found that the scripts catwinbundle.sql and catbundle.sql retreive the value of ORACLE_HOME for the registry entry for Oracle 10g (i.e. E:\oracle\<DBSID>\102).
Other than temporarily changing the registry entry to run catwinbundle.sql, is there any other solution to this error?
Pl post the patch number for "patch 10"
Oracle Database, Networking and Grid Agent Patches for Microsoft Platforms [ID 161549.1]
I am assuming you are in the process of only installing the 220.127.116.11 software - if so, the catwinbundle.sql script will need to be run after the upgrade to 18.104.22.168 is completed.
To clarify, patch 14543814 is what I meant by "Patch 10".
You are correct, I have installed the software for 11g. Remaining steps to do are:
- Update Oracle Instant Client Software
- Copy the SQL*Net files from the Oracle 10g home to the Oracle 11g home
- Change the environment variables to point to Oracle 11g ORACLE_HOME and PATH
- Upgrade the Database using DBUA
Are you saying that I should run catwinbundle.sql after completing the above steps? If not, after which step?
Thanks for your reply!
It worked! catwinbundle.sql ran without problems. Thank you much Srini!
So to summarize:
Upgrade scenario: 10.2.0.4 to 22.214.171.124 patch 10 on Windows 2008
1. Install Oracle 11g software
2. Perform patching steps "opatch apply" and "opatch napply" as well as run the script utlrp.sql (do not run catwinbundle.sql here)
3. Upgrade Oracle Instant Client Software
4. Copy and adapt SQL*Net files
5. Prepare system for DBUA upgrade (remove ORACLE_HOME and TNS_ADMIN variables)
6. Perform upgrade using Database Upgrade Assistant
7. Run post-upgrade scripts (post_upgrade_tasks.sql, upgrade_tstz.sql, set_compatible.sql, post_upgrade_status.sql)
8. Run catwinbundle.sql from patch directory
9. Remaining post-upgrade steps