This content has been marked as final. Show 3 replies
We've found a solution.
+/etc/defaults+ was either missing the following variable definitions, or they were set to inappropriate values; I don't know what it was set to when it was failing, but currently these variables & values are set as defaults and the compiler works fine now:
After changing +/etc/defaults+, the server was rebooted and everything is working again. It's possible just rebooting the server fixed it, but I guess we'll never know.
The driver determines its own location, then finds other components relative to that location. In particular, the real cc and CC programs are in prod/bin, with symbolic links to them in the top-level bin directory that is normally on your path. I suspect that when the installation was restored, it was not done in a way that preserved the exact directory structure that the drivers depend on. Or possibly there are network mount points within the Studio installation directory, which would cause problems. The top-level installation directory, the one that looks like this:
should not have any internal mount points.
% ls LEGAL contrib lib prod READMEs examples man uninstall.sh bin include netbeans
The best solution is to remove the existing installation entirely and re-install. If the original installation was done via packages, use the uninstaller to remove the packages before reinstalling.
The person that did the installation said "I just took the tar file we downloaded and un-tarred it. I didn't do anything beyond that." He also did not run the install script.