2 Replies Latest reply: Nov 6, 2012 6:44 PM by LaserSoft RSS

ADVM/ACFS is not supported on oraclelinux-release-6Server-3.0.2.i686

Hi

I am trying to install grid infrastructure (latest release available on OTN) on 2 nodes running oracle linux 6.3 and getting the following/subject error:

------Error------

LOCAL ADD MODE
      Creating OCR keys for user 'root', privgrp 'root'..
      Operation successful.
      Adding daemon to inittab
      CRS-4123: Oracle High Availability Services has been started.
      ohasd is starting
      ADVM/ACFS is not supported on oraclelinux-release-6Server-3.0.2.i686

------Error------

Is there a workaround for this, please help!
      Thanks
      T
        • 1. Re: ADVM/ACFS is not supported on oraclelinux-release-6Server-3.0.2.i686
          Sebastian Solbach -Dba Community-Oracle
          Hi,

use the latest PSU (11.2.0.3.4) of Oracle. This should include the kernel module needed for ACFS/ADVM.

MOS Note "ACFS Supported On OS Platforms. (Doc ID 1369107.1)"

Regards
          Sebastian
          • 2. Re: ADVM/ACFS is not supported on oraclelinux-release-6Server-3.0.2.i686
            LaserSoft
            Hi

11.2.0.3 ACFS new supported OS platforms and data services :

1. OL6 with RedHat Compatible Kernel* / RHEL6 - Update 3* - starting in 11.2.0.3.4GIPSU*
            2. OL6 with RedHat Compatible Kernel* / RHEL6 - Update 0,1,2* - starting in 11.2.0.3.3.GIPSU*

*11.2.0.3 release:*

1. If you have installed 11.2.0.3 Grid Infrastructure on the a version of the UEK which ACFS does not support, the Grid Infrastructure install will succeed but ACFS will not function.

Actions to take if you want to use ACFS:

Action 1: If available, install a patchset or patch bundle which supports the version of the UEK in question (which will automatically run 'acfsroot install').

OR

Action 2: Reboot on a prior kernel version where ACFS is supported and then run 'acfsroot install' on each node of the cluster.

In either case (both Action #1 & Action #2), run 'acfsroot enable' on each node of the cluster to restore the ACFS CRS resources.

Thanks
            LaserSoft