This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Nov 6, 2012 6:32 AM by Philip Stoyanov RSS

How can  get an earlier version of my LDM ???

Jinbo Nie Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,
we come to one issue:
say we modify LDM at Nov 1th, and modify LDM at Nov 2th,but after commit what we did at Nov1th,and Nov 2th, we find there are 'mistakes' in Nov 2th,

how can we get an earlier version of LDM?(in our case, we want revert to version Nov 1th).

we use SDDM Version 3.1.1.703,and we share the project under subversion managed.

more questions:
(under subversion managed SDDM projet)
1.what is best praise of backup in case we do something wrong and want rollback whole change to previous version?
2.how to do that ,is there any document guide ?(I searched this forum, seems not find similar topic)

Thanks,
Jinbo
  • 1. Re: How can  get an earlier version of my LDM ???
    Philip Stoyanov Guru
    Hi Jinbo,
    how can we get an earlier version of LDM?(in our case, we want revert to version Nov 1th)
    You need to check design history to see the revision number where your design is still fine.
    1) open design
    2) "Versioning>Design Version History"
    - check the history in Version History window and find revision number of the last good design (Nov 1th)
    3) Use versioning navigator (use "View>Team>Versioning navigator" to show it if it's hidden) to find your design directory in repository and check it out - there is "Use Revision" check box in "Check out" dialog
    Check it and put revision number in next text filed.
    4) Of course you need to set directory for new working copy
    That's all.
    .what is best praise of backup in case we do something wrong and want rollback whole change to previous version?
    you need to take care for SVN repository. No need for additional backup.
    Here you can find more about Subversion http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.6/index.html

Philip
  • 2. Re: How can  get an earlier version of my LDM ???
    Jinbo Nie Newbie
    Thanks Philip,

now we can see the old reversion.
    but new issue comes.
    say two users:user1 & user2 are working on the LDM, and remote directory called LDM_remoate
    at Nov 2th,
    user1 have a latest local working copy under his machine directory LDM_local_user1
    user2 have a latest local working copy under his machine directory LDM_local_user2

At Nov3th,
    user2 found some mistakes when user1 checked in at Nov 1th,so user2 want to get a earlier version say Nov 1 th,

according to your guide, user2 get the design reversion number Nov 1th, and re check out at new working copy(Nov 1th) under new local directory:LDM_local_user2_new

when user2 open LDM_local_user2_new, it indeed come back to version Nov 1th,

but in the incoming change window, it still show many incoming changes,

how to make the remote LDM_remote to become like LDM_local_user2_new? so that user1 only need check incoming change from LDM_remote as usual to make at local copy
    LDM_local_user1 also reverted to version Nov 1th?

hope I make it clear to you.

thanks,
    Jinbo
  • 3. Re: How can  get an earlier version of my LDM ???
    Philip Stoyanov Guru
    Hi Jinbo,

you have two options:
    1) to create a branch on correct revision and start to work on that branch - then you wont see incoming changes after that point, only new changes you'll introduce will be into effect.
    2) If the number of changed objects is not that big you can use version history of each object in order to bring it back to good status
    2.1 You need to find out the objects you want to change - T1, T2 ....
    2.2 You can find "Versioning>Version history" in context menu appearing for each object
    2.3 You'll see table with revisions and first row is named "local saved" - you need to compare correct revision with that (local saved) row and you can merge older status in working copy.
    Select "local saved" row, select another revision row and using right mouse click you'll get context menu with compare functionality
    You can see changes and can select what to be merged - elements that will be deleted are not selected by default.

Philip

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points