4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 7, 2012 4:43 PM by A R Khan

This tab has been recovered

A R Khan
      Hi

I am not able to open the Oracle application forms in Internet Explorer 8 and 9.
      Getting the error "This tab has been recovered A problem with this webpage caused Internet Explorer to close and reopen the tab."

Please let me know how to fix this issue. I am using Jinitiator 1.3.1.21. Let me know for any details.

Thanks,
        • 1. Re: This tab has been recovered
          Normally this happens due to jvm.dll conflict. You must have differerent version of jvm in two different folders. Do a search
          1. C:\Program Files\Java\jre6 (or 7)\bin\client
          2. C:\ ... jinitiator .. \client \ hotspot

Copy the jre6's jvm.dll to jinitiator hotspot directory. Ideally replace the jinitiator's jvm.dll with that of jre6's jvm.dll

You can refer the following as well.
          http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/forum/ie8-windows_other/this-tab-has-been-recovered-a-problem-with-this/e37734e7-b626-42f2-b9c0-bfb0f91a4fe1
          Cheers,
          ND
          Use the "helpful" or "correct" buttons to award points to replies / Mark the thread as answered, if your question is answered.
          1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: This tab has been recovered
            A R Khan
            Still facing the same issue.
            Facing the same issue even after copying the jvm.dll file from "C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\client" to "C:\Program Files\Oracle\JInitiator 1.3.1.21\bin\hotspot".
            There is no client directory inside jinitiator folder. I have clear my Java and browser cache as well.
            Please let me know for any other options so that I can give a try.

Thanks,
            • 3. Re: This tab has been recovered
              Please check you Internet Options -> Security details.

Navigate -> IE -> Tools -> Internet Options -> Security -> Internet (select a zone) -> Custom Level (Button)
              Enable the followings:
              Under ActiveX controls and plug-ins
              1. Allow previously unused ActiveX controls...
              2. Allow Scriptlets
              3. Automaic prompting for ActiveX controls
              4. Run ActivsX controls and plug-ins
              Under Download
              1. Automatic prompting for file downloads
              2. File download
              Under Scripting
              1. Active scripting
              2. Enable XSS filter
              3. Scripting for Java applets

Please let me know how it goes.
              Cheers,
              ND
              Use the "helpful" or "correct" buttons to award points to replies / Mark the thread as answered, if your question is answered.
              • 4. Re: This tab has been recovered
                A R Khan
                Thank you for quick help.
                Is the issue is resolved after do the below steps...

*1) Take backup of jvm.dll located at c:\Program Files\Oracle\JInitiator 1.3.1.x\bin\hotspot directory.*
                *2) Download the jvm.dll file.*
                *3) Copy jvm.dll to c:\Program Files\Oracle\JInitiator 1.3.1.x\bin\hotspot*
                *4) Clear browser cache and also Oracle Jar cache (Remove all files from c:\Users\<username>\Oralce Jar cache)*
                *5) Close all the browsers and restart.*