1 Reply Latest reply: Nov 4, 2012 8:53 AM by gimbal2 RSS

EJB timer Warning

WARNING: EJB5184:A system exception occurred during an invocation on EJB TimerBean, method: public void com.as.TimerBean.myTimer()
      WARNING: javax.ejb.TransactionRolledbackLocalException: Client's transaction aborted
           at com.sun.ejb.containers.BaseContainer.useClientTx(BaseContainer.java:4722)
           at com.sun.ejb.containers.BaseContainer.preInvokeTx(BaseContainer.java:4601)
           at com.sun.ejb.containers.BaseContainer.preInvoke(BaseContainer.java:1914)
           at com.sun.ejb.containers.BaseContainer.callEJBTimeout(BaseContainer.java:4055)
           at com.sun.ejb.containers.EJBTimerService.deliverTimeout(EJBTimerService.java:1832)
           at com.sun.ejb.containers.EJBTimerService.access$100(EJBTimerService.java:108)
           at com.sun.ejb.containers.EJBTimerService$TaskExpiredWork.run(EJBTimerService.java:2646)
           at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:471)
           at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:334)
           at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:166)
           at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1110)
           at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:603)
           at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:722)
      How i can solve the issue

Applicaion server is GlassFish
        • 1. Re: EJB timer Warning
          gimbal2
          Find the cause, and fix it. That is not going to be easy and nobody is going to be able to do it for you.

The only thing I can offer is that there are two likely sources:

a) an exception occurred somewhere which caused the transaction to become aborted/rolled back
          b) there was a transaction timeout

Normally I would put my money on a), but if you check the stacktrace I just happen to spot "callEJBTimeout" in there.Perhaps your timer task is doing something that takes too long?