This discussion is archived
6 Replies Latest reply: Nov 13, 2012 8:55 PM by Sachin Gupta RSS

How to Integrate BI Publisher into P6 EPPM R8.2

717342 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Dear All,

I need your expertise. The scenario is, I installed the following prior to BI Publisher:

1. MSSQL Server 2008 R2 EX R1
2. Oracle Weblogic 11gR1 (10.3.5)
3. Oracle JRockit
4. Universal Content Repository (UCM)
5. Download and Paste wsdl4j to Java Folder
6. Primavera P6 EPPM R8.2

Fortunately, they are all successful during the installation including the BI Publisher. However, I cannot find in the documentation on how to integrate BI Publisher into EPPM. Perhaps, I missed something. Can anybody help me to sort this out or can you share some steps on how to do it.

Many thanks in advance.

Best Regards.

Edited by: MAP on Nov 4, 2012 4:08 AM
  • 1. Re: How to Integrate BI Publisher into P6 EPPM R8.2
    Sachin Gupta Pro
    Are you using 10g or 11g of BI Publisher?

Here is the document link for it
    http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E25030_01/English/Install_and_Config/Admin_PDF_Library/connecting_bi_publisher_to_p6.pdf

Also there the few notes at support.oracle.com if you have a valid account there. you can search for them there

How To Configure P6 R8.1 Enterprise Reporting With BI Publisher 10g (SQL) [ID 1328422.1]

Sachin Gupta
  • 2. Re: How to Integrate BI Publisher into P6 EPPM R8.2
    717342 Newbie
    Hi Sachin,

Thanks for your quick reply. I'm using BI Publisher 11g. Thanks for the documentation, I'm going to read it. Unfortunately, I do not have an account.

Many thanks.
  • 3. Re: How to Integrate BI Publisher into P6 EPPM R8.2
    717342 Newbie
    Hi to ALL,

I have read and almost done with the integration of P6 EPPM R8.2 to BI Publisher. However, I came across with this message "No data is available because your P6 user name is not valid for connecting to the reporting database".

Did I miss something? I have the user name from BIP to EPPM in order to match them and I have assigned the Roles & Permission, Run the services. What else?

Can you please help me to sort out this issue. Many thanks in advance.

Edited by: MAP on Nov 12, 2012 1:04 AM

Edited by: MAP on Nov 12, 2012 1:04 AM
  • 4. Re: How to Integrate BI Publisher into P6 EPPM R8.2
    Sachin Gupta Pro
    What is the security model you are using in BI Publisher? Is it "BI Publisher Security Model" or "Fusion Middleware Security Model". You should try with "BI Publisher Security Model".

Also try to start BI publisher first before starting the P6 (managed server on weblogic)

Are you able to run the reports from within BI publisher using the same user id?

Sachin Gupta
  • 5. Re: How to Integrate BI Publisher into P6 EPPM R8.2
    717342 Newbie
    Hi Sachin,

Thanks for the quick reply. The detailed are listed below:

1. I am using BI Publisher Security Model under Administration --> Security Configuration.
    2. I have copy & paste the P6Reports from extracted EPPM. And it is in the BIP Home --> Browse/Manage…--> Catalog Folders
    3. I have created a User as pxrptuser as Username & Password, and Assign Roles (e.g. BIP Administrator & P6Reports).
    4. I have created a Role under Roles and Permission --> P6Reports, Add Roles (e.g. BIP Administrator & BIP Scheduler), Add Data Sources as P6SSRPT

The only thing I noticed is, when I tried to go to Home --> Catalog Folders, select P6Reports folder and click Permissions under Tasks, click + Add Roles Roles, search -->Move P6Reports --> OK and click OK, and I saw Uploading… then later when finished the process I noticed it Failed.

I think this is one of the reasons, but I am sure. Any helps.

Since, I am new in BI Publisher, may I know how to run a report within BI Publisher using my newly created user name & password?

Many thanks.

Edited by: MAP on Nov 12, 2012 9:17 PM
  • 6. Re: How to Integrate BI Publisher into P6 EPPM R8.2
    Sachin Gupta Pro
    In BI Publisher, navigate to Catalog and in the list of reports, click on the report to open it. Select the parameter and click apply. Check if that runs successfully and you see any data. This will help validate if your setting within BI Publisher is correct or not.

If the above works then you need to check the settings in P6 Administrator. Make appropriate changes and restart weblogic server.

Sachin Gupta

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points