This discussion is archived
7 Replies Latest reply: Nov 6, 2012 11:08 AM by matthew_morris RSS

OCP Certification Not Received after 45 Days!!

765382 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi

I have completed my OCP10g Admin on 19 sep 2012, done all formalities, Success Kit shows "You should receive your success kit within 45 days of the ‘Created Date’ above" my Created Date is same 19 Sep 2012, I have raised the SR with +"*Oracle Certification Support*" (http://education.oracle.com/pls/eval-eddap-dcd/OU_SUPPORT_OCP.home?p_source=OCP)+, there is no response from them. 45 Days criteria Already Passed.

What is the best solution to get the certificate from Oracle soon?
Why we have to do follow up everytime to get the certificate from Oracle, though Oracle ask all things needs to be fulfilled like "Course completion" etc. and I did that, also I want to mention here My Testing ID is same so there is no issue of different testing ids.

Experts please advise,

Thanks & Regards
TJ

Note: Success Kit Status reads this *19-SEP-12 | 1Z0-098 | Oracle Database 10g Hands-On Course Requirement | PASS*
  • 1. Re: OCP Certification Not Received after 45 Days!!
    matthew_morris Expert
    Taking your questions in reverse order:
    Note: Success Kit Status reads this 19-SEP-12 | 1Z0-098 | Oracle Database 10g Hands-On Course Requirement | PASS
    That's not the data from the 'Success Kit Status' page. That is from the 'Exam History' page. The fields from the 'Success Kit Status' page are:

Candidate Name     Shipping Status     Created Date     Certification     Address1     Address2     Address3     City     State     Postal Code     Country

Success Kit shows "You should receive your success kit within 45 days of the ‘Created Date’ above" my Created Date is same 19 Sep 2012
    The line with the date of 19-SEP-12 is not from the Success kit page as indicated above. The Success kit is very unlikely to have that same date, as OE would have needed time to verify your course attendence. Even my most recent test has the success kit status the day following the 'Test Start Date' from the exam page and there was no course to be verified. You're is probably several days later than the date you passed the test. That said, the 45 day period is not an 'Oracle' delay. The date shown in that screen is when they shipped the packet, and they suggest waiting 45 days before becoming concerned about delivery because of the time it takes for some overseas shipments to arrive.
    I have raised the SR ...there is no response from them
    45 days from 19-SEP would have been 03-NOV -- two days ago (and Saturday). Unless you jumped the gun, that means your SR was created yesterday or the day before. You might give them a couple of business days to respond.

Why we have to do follow up everytime to get the certificate from Oracle
    I have received about ten certificates from Oracle. I have never had to follow up on any of them. However, I don't stand by the mailbox counting the days either. Once I pass the test, the time for worrying is over. Oracle will send the certificate. It's conceivable that a certificate can get lost in the mail -- especially for overseas shipments. However, they will send it.

Go back into Certview and click on the 'Success Kit Status' Page. Has the kit been sent?
  • 2. Re: OCP Certification Not Received after 45 Days!!
    765382 Newbie
    Hi Matthew,

The created date is *19 Sep 2012*. so it should reach by then and I have cleared exam on *25 August 2012*.

I have mentioned in my note Hands On course requirement which is showing in Exam History (Its not in Success kit), you are correct

Apologies for posting it as Success kit.

Any how I was worried thats why I have raised the SR and thread here, so how many days it will take to receive my certificate?

Thanks for quick response

Regards
    T-J

Edited by: T-J on Nov 5, 2012 8:22 PM
  • 3. Re: OCP Certification Not Received after 45 Days!!
    matthew_morris Expert
    The created date is 19 Sep 2012. so it should reach by then and I have cleared exam on 25 August 2012.
    I have mentioned in my note Hands On course requirement which is showing in Exam History (Its not in Success kit), you are correct
    I'm not positive what you mean. I am guessing that you are indicating that there is a record in the 'Success Kit Status' page indicating a create date of 19-Sep-2012 in addition to the record in the Exam History indicating that on Sep-19 Oracle Education verified that you attended a course. If so, then Oracle has shipped the success kit. They don't really control the kit once it's out for delivery. I'm reasonably certain that you are not in the US, so overseas shipping/delivery is part of the delay. Essentially all of the long delivery times I've seen posted in this forum were for overseas shipments. Unfortunately, the carrier Oracle uses does not have tracking (the question has arisen before), so they cannot give you information on where your kit is. At this point I would suggest giving Oracle time to respond to your SR.
  • 4. Re: OCP Certification Not Received after 45 Days!!
    765382 Newbie
    Hi Matthew

I am not in US, I am in India, when I have cleared my OCA exam, I got the certificate in 15 to 20 days, now 45 days are over still its not deliverd to me.
    I will wait for Oracle Support Teams reply then, what else I can do :)

thanks

T-J
  • 5. Re: OCP Certification Not Received after 45 Days!!
    matthew_morris Expert
    then, what else I can do
    If you put the SR number in here, Brandye, the forum admin, can check on the status.
  • 6. Re: OCP Certification Not Received after 45 Days!!
    765382 Newbie
    Hi Matthew

I have got a mail from Oracle support team and mail says they have dispatched it on 26 sep 2012 not on 19 sep 2012 (Almost 8 days after Created)

Dear Tushar,

Thank you for writing to Oracle Certification Program.

We see that your Oracle DBA 10g OCP success kit was dispatched to you as on *26-Sep-2012* to the address confirmed by you as below :

Since you have not received the success kit sent to the above address , we would strongly recommend you to provide us an alternate address in the below format so that we can process the third shipment of your success kit at the earliest. Please note the alternate address should be mandatory your Business address or your residential address. We will not reship your success kit for the third time to same address. We appreciate your understanding in this.

Address Line1 ( Building No or House number or Apartment No or Room No ) :
    Address Line2 ( Street name or Street number ) :
    Address Line3 ( Locality or Area Name ) :
    City:
    State:
    Zip code / Postal code:
    Phone No:

We apologize for the delay and inconvenience caused.

Regards,
    OCP Team

Now What I have to do?? should I wait few more days and then send them the alternate address because thats the best solution I think
    and here is my SR No SR 497386-204253953, I have not provided this before because may Oracle have some policies in forum

Thanks again

T-J
  • 7. Re: OCP Certification Not Received after 45 Days!!
    matthew_morris Expert
    Now What I have to do?? should I wait few more days and then send them the alternate address because thats the best solution I think
    45 days from SEP-26 is November 10th (Saturday). If you haven't received the packet by this weekend, I'd provide the address information requested. Mind you, if they have the wrong address for you, then notify them immediately.

I have not provided this before because may Oracle have some policies in forum
    You should not provide personally identifiable information in the forum -- such as email, SSN, and Oracle candidate IDs. SR numbers, however, don't identify you to anyone except people with access to Oracle's SR database, and they need to know who you are in order to answer your questions.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points