This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: Nov 15, 2012 2:00 AM by pj*433620*ng RSS

Multiline report header

pj*433620*ng Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,
Is that possible in Apex to have a report with below header ? I am using Apex 4.2

I . . . . . . I........ I 07:30 - 13:30     I 13:30 - 19:30     I I
I Station I Name I----------------------------------------------------------------I Total I
I. . . . . ..I . . . .. I Pass I Fail I Yield% I Pass I Fail I Yield% I I

Thanks

Pek

Edited by: pj**** on 06-Nov-2012 02:03
  • 1. Re: Multiline report header
    fac586 Guru
    pj**** wrote:
    Hi,
    Is that possible in Apex to have a report with below header ? I am using Apex 4.2

I . . . . . . I........ I 07:30 - 13:30     I 13:30 - 19:30     I I
    I Station I Name I----------------------------------------------------------------I Total I
    I. . . . . ..I . . . .. I Pass I Fail I Yield% I Pass I Fail I Yield% I I
    ...\
    </tt> tags as described in the FAQ:
    +----------+--------+--------+-----------------+------------------------------------+
    |          |        |  07:30 - 13:30           |  13:30 - 19:30           |         |
    | Station  |  Name  |--------+--------+--------+--------+--------+--------+  Total  |
    |          |        |  Pass  |  Fail  | Yield% |  Pass  |  Fail  | Yield% |         |
    +----------+--------+--------+--------+--------+--------+--------+--------+---------+
    | 0001     |  test  |     10 |      2 |    80% |     20 |      2 |    90% |      30 |
    +----------+--------+--------+--------+--------+--------+--------+--------+---------+
    Yes, this is possible using a standard report with a custom named column template.
  • 2. Re: Multiline report header
    pj*433620*ng Newbie
    Hi, Fac586
    I tried to figure out how to use the "Column Heading Template" to customized the column headers,
    but I found that the template is for generic setting of columns
    Below is the help text for the column heading template and I found no clue how to use it to customize to what I want.

This attribute is only applicable to generic column templates. Use this template to colorize each column header cell. The text of this attribute must include Help to indicate where the cell heading text is to be colorized.
    For example:
    *<th >Item Help Text</th>*
    If you do not want any column headings, enter the following:
    OMIT
    If you do use this attribute, Application Express engine applies the default column heading template.

Can you help?

thanks

Pek
  • 3. Re: Multiline report header
    fac586 Guru
    pj**** wrote:
    Hi, Fac586
    I tried to figure out how to use the "Column Heading Template" to customized the column headers,
    but I found that the template is for generic setting of columns
    Below is the help text for the column heading template and I found no clue how to use it to customize to what I want.

This attribute is only applicable to generic column templates. Use this template to colorize each column header cell. The text of this attribute must include Help to indicate where the cell heading text is to be colorized.
    For example:
    *<th >Item Help Text</th>*
    If you do not want any column headings, enter the following:
    OMIT
    If you do use this attribute, Application Express engine applies the default column heading template.
    That's a generic column template. You need to create a Named Column (row template) report template as described in the linked documentation.
    Can you help?
    Reproduce your report on apex.oracle.com and post guest developer credentials to the workspace here.
  • 4. Re: Multiline report header
    pj*433620*ng Newbie
    Hi, Fac586
    I managed to create the header using row template, thanks.

pek

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points