3 Replies Latest reply: Nov 6, 2012 5:00 AM by 972545 RSS

TimesTen Upgrade

Hi Experts,

Ours is a core java application.
      Currently we are using TimesTen version 7.0.5.0.0.

Now would like to upgrade to latest TimesTen Version 11.2.2.4.0.

Hence would like to know what are the difference between 7.0.5.0.0 and latest 11.2.2.4.0 version.

Will there be any impact due to upgrading of TimesTen in our application ?

Thanks & Regards,
      Rajesh
        • 1. Re: TimesTen Upgrade
          ChrisJenkins
          There were major changes to many aspects of TimesTen going from 7.0 to 11.2.1 and 11.2.2 has some additional changes beyond 11.2.1. In general you cannot assuem that you can just upgrade from 7.0 to 11.2.1 without any changes to application / management infrastructure. I wrote a detailed document on upgrading from 7.0 to 11.2.1 that details all the major differences, the potential impact on applications and possible ways to address them. I haven't updated if for 11.2.2 as yet but it should cover many of the points. And of course everything is in the documentation but you'd have to go through it yourself and identify the differences.

If you want I can send you the document if you can provide an e-mail address.

Regards,

Chris

Edited by: ChrisJenkins on Nov 5, 2012 1:59 PM
          • 2. Re: TimesTen Upgrade
            jtongtttechsupport
            Hi all,

The document that Chris authored is available on the support site's knowledge base, its "Migration Considerations For Upgrading To TimesTen 11.2.1.x Release"          [Document 1188165.1]

Jim
            • 3. Re: TimesTen Upgrade
              Thanks Chris. My e-mail id is reachsiva1@gmail.com. Please do mail me the document.

Thanks & Regards,
              Rajesh