I want to install EPM 18.104.22.168 on my personnal PC, so I can learn Hyperion. The pre install check tell me errors as follow:
EPMINS-01094: User Account Control is enabled. Installation may lead to unpredictable results and thus will be stopped.
EPMINS-01098: User has to be a member of Administrators group.
I have an admin account and I don't know how to unable UAC. What should I do ?
Thank you for your collaboration,
Hope the below document helps:
Error Installing EPM v22.214.171.124: "User Account Control (UAC) is enabled. Installation may lead to unpredictable results and thus will be stopped." (Doc ID 1314042.1)
The content of the document is:
Hyperion Essbase - Version: 126.96.36.199.000 to 188.8.131.52.000 - Release: 11.1 to 11.1
Microsoft Windows x64 (64-bit) - Version: 2008 R2
Installing EPM v184.108.40.206 fails with the error:
Error: "User Account Control is enabled. Installation may lead to unpredictable results and thus will be stopped."
EPMINS-01001: One or more preinstallation checks failed. Correct the errors before continuing with the installation.
User Account Control is enabled.
Per the EPM Installation Start Here Guide, "Prepare a user account", User Account Control must be disabled.
This can be done through User Accounts in Control Panel by clicking on Change User Account Control Settings, then drag the slider to Never notify.
This can also be accomplished using the following steps:
1. Click Start -> Control Panel.
2. In Control Panel, click User Accounts.
3. In the User Accounts window, click User Accounts.
4. In the User Accounts tasks window, click "Turn User Account Control on or off."
5. Uncheck the "Use User Account Control (UAC) to help protect your computer", and then click OK.
6. Click Restart Now to apply the change right away, or click Restart Later and close the User Accounts tasks window.
This change requires a reboot of the Windows 2008 Server.