3 Replies Latest reply: Nov 12, 2012 9:13 AM by DATAEBULLITION RSS

Installing EPM 11.1.2.2 Using windows 7 familly edition premium

DATAEBULLITION
      Hi all,

I want to install EPM 11.1.1.2 on my personnal PC, so I can learn Hyperion. The pre install check tell me errors as follow:

EPMINS-01094: User Account Control is enabled. Installation may lead to unpredictable results and thus will be stopped.

EPMINS-01098: User has to be a member of Administrators group.

I have an admin account and I don't know how to unable UAC. What should I do ?

Thank you for your collaboration,
        • 1. Re: Installing EPM 11.1.2.2 Using windows 7 familly edition premium
          Priyaperavali-Oracle
          Hi,

Hope the below document helps:

Error Installing EPM v11.1.2.1: "User Account Control (UAC) is enabled. Installation may lead to unpredictable results and thus will be stopped." (Doc ID 1314042.1)

The content of the document is:

Applies to:

Hyperion Essbase - Version: 11.1.2.1.000 to 11.1.2.1.000 - Release: 11.1 to 11.1
          Microsoft Windows x64 (64-bit) - Version: 2008 R2
          Symptoms

Installing EPM v11.1.2.1 fails with the error:

Error: "User Account Control is enabled. Installation may lead to unpredictable results and thus will be stopped."

EPMINS-01001: One or more preinstallation checks failed. Correct the errors before continuing with the installation.

Cause

User Account Control is enabled.

Solution

Per the EPM Installation Start Here Guide, "Prepare a user account", User Account Control must be disabled.

This can be done through User Accounts in Control Panel by clicking on Change User Account Control Settings, then drag the slider to Never notify.

This can also be accomplished using the following steps:

1. Click Start -> Control Panel.
          2. In Control Panel, click User Accounts.
          3. In the User Accounts window, click User Accounts.
          4. In the User Accounts tasks window, click "Turn User Account Control on or off."
          5. Uncheck the "Use User Account Control (UAC) to help protect your computer", and then click OK.
          6. Click Restart Now to apply the change right away, or click Restart Later and close the User Accounts tasks window.

This change requires a reboot of the Windows 2008 Server.
          • 2. Re: Installing EPM 11.1.2.2 Using windows 7 familly edition premium
            JohnGoodwin
            Just to add that windows 7 is only supported for client installs so you may encounter problems trying to install server side components on it.

Cheers

John
            http://john-goodwin.blogspot.com/