2 Replies Latest reply: Nov 6, 2012 8:52 AM by baskar.l RSS

ERROR: direct connection failure with ASM

user10698496
      Hi ,
      Mine is a 2 node RAC of version 11.2.0.3 on Redhat Linux

I am getting following message in alert.log.Kindly aasist me on this.
      WARNING: ASM communication error: op 0 state 0x0 (15055)
      ERROR: direct connection failure with ASM
      Errors in file /u01/app/oracle/diag/rdbms/mwdb/MWDB1/trace/MWDB1_dbw0_19326.trc:
      ORA-01148: cannot refresh file size for datafile 32
      ORA-01110: data file 32: '+IDX/datafile/idx_fdctbs_01.dbf'
      ORA-15055: unable to connect to ASM instance
      ORA-04031: unable to allocate 760 bytes of shared memory ("shared pool","unknown object","KKSSP^1232","kglss")
      Also I am facing the following error during impdp ..Kindly help me.I have given read and write permission to public on my DB directory.
      ORA-31693: Table data object "FDC"." _HISTORY_TABLE" failed to load/unload and is being skipped due to error:
      ORA-29913: error in executing ODCIEXTTABLEFETCH callout
      ORA-01115: IO error reading block from file  (block # )
      ORA-01110: data file 12: '+DATA1/mwdb/datafile/fdclht_01.dbf'
      ORA-04031: unable to allocate 760 bytes of shared memory ("shared pool","unknown object","KKSSP^1355","kglss")
      Thanks.
        • 1. Re: ERROR: direct connection failure with ASM
          JohnWatson
          Have you specified memory_target and memory_max_target (or sga_max_size and sga_target) for your ASM instances, or left them on default? By default thry are often too low, and always the same. The memory_max_target is static, so you will have to change these parameters wirh scope=spfile andthen restart the clusterware. The other critical and static parameter is processes, better change that at the same time.
          • 2. Re: ERROR: direct connection failure with ASM
            baskar.l
            Hi,

When you try to access ASM with non-oracle user you will get this error.

Check this MOS doc WARNING: ASM Communication Error: Op 0 State 0x0 (15055) [ID 1469167.1]

Work arounds to solve the issue is given in the doc.

Thank you,
            baskar.l