I want to migrate our EBS 11i form AIX to OEL.I can see that you already have the docs :)
Can you give me Notes on how to do this?
Source:Oracle EBS is not certified on OEL 6.x
Aix = 5.3
DB = 10.2.4.0
EBS = 18.104.22.168
OEL = 5.8 or 6.3 (x86 or x86_64 ?)
DB = 10.2.0.4 or can I upgrade?
EBS = 22.214.171.124 (we dont upgrade now)
Note: 238276.1 - Migrating to Linux with Oracle Applications Release 11i
Note: 362205.1 - Export/Import Process for Oracle Applications Release 11i Database Instances Using Oracle Database 10g Release2
Note: 557738.1 - Export/Import Process for Oracle E-Bussiness Suite Release 11i Using Oracle Database 11g Release1 or 2
My Questions are
1. Can 11i migrate to OEL 6.3?
2. Can 11i migrate to OEL in x86_64 version?Yes for the database tier node but not for the application tier node which has to remain on 32-bit -- Frequently Asked Questions: Oracle E-Business Suite Support on x86-64 [ID 343917.1]
3. Can 11i migrate to other linux(RedHat/CentOS)?Yes for Redhat -- Please check the Certification matrix in MOS website.
4. Which Tier(App/DB) do I migrate first?Either. I would recommend migrating the database tier node (export from 10g and import to 11g).
5. Can I migrate DB(10.2.0.4) to DB(126.96.36.199) in target directly, or I must migrate to same db version then upgrade to 188.8.131.52?You can migrate from 10g to 11g
6. What note should I refer to?Note: 238276.1 - Migrating to Linux with Oracle Applications Release 11i